Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Moth Family pt. 1

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

The Moth Family pt. 1 Empty
PostSubject: The Moth Family pt. 1   The Moth Family pt. 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 11:08 am

I.

"I cannot I repeat [i]I cannot believe this!" said the Sheriff.

I looked up at my older brother and sighed once again he and his friends caused havoc to the townsfolk of Deerbury Hills.

"What do you know about this Amy?" he looked at me instead of my older brother Sam.

"I - I didn't do it. Why are you pointing the finger at me?"

Sheriff Bill did not believe a word of it. He knew the person that vandalized the sign was not me. He was just hoping I would tell on who did it.

"You think this is funny? Drawing male body parts on the highschool sign?"

"No." snickered Sam

I did not look at him. I knew I would laugh too.

"That's it I'm taking you two home. Maybe your dad can talk some sense into you two. Then maybe we will know who to charge for fixing this damn thing. Friggin kids." he mumbled to himself.

When we got home I was glad my father was not home. He was still working and my mom was in the kitchen. She was the easy one. My dad would ground both of us and we would never see the end of it. My mom on the other hand gave Sheriff Bill a 100 bill and told him she was really sorry that she hoped who ever did this would come forward.

After Sheriff Bill left my mom looked at us both and shook her head. "Dinner will be ready soon and Amy tomorrow is you sister's Bridal shower. Make sure you are ready by 1 tomorrow. I hate draggin' you out of bed after noon.

"Okay."

I went upstairs and closed my bedroom door and sat on the bed. I had been staying out later and later. I didn't remember some of what happened either. I didn't do drugs or anything but our family was one that came from a long line of Moth Men. When we hit puberty was when the first part of it started. Psychic control. We could control people's minds and sometimes made their noses bleed. To get around at night without being seen we changed form, just a little. Moth like wings would sprout out of our backs. It was a painful thing to change at night. But that is why in puberty we blacked out.

I knew Sam could change form and did so with other Moths at night. They would use their powers to make people do things they normally wouldn't do- like spray paint the sign at school. He was so stupid. Our grandfather was a supreme Moth. He went back to a long line of tribal moths. He was called the angel of mercy or of death. He had an uncanny thing about warning people. My dad and mom pretended they weren't moths. They just wanted to live normal lives and my older sister, Kaitlyn, pretended she had never heard of any of it. She never inherrited the gift of change. Sam and I on the other hand were quite good at it. It was something we hid from our friends and I was embarassed of it. It just seemed to storybook to me. Moth people seriously? Who was smoking now?

But sadly it was true.

Next day at my sister's bridal shower her best friend Olivia and her younger sister Tabitha were there. Tabitha was a snob and a mean one at that. I hated her. In the 6th grade she had told everyone I got my period and embarassed me again in 9th grade by telling everyone I was autistic because she caught me in the girls rest room practicing to control my powers in the mirror. I must have been gone for 2 minutes or so just starring into space. She brought in two of her friends to show them me just standing there. So I had a nice reputation of being retarded at our school.

As they bridal shower wore on I began to get tired. Us moths liked to sleep in the day and come out at night. My sister was so lucky she didn't have to turn all red eye on everyone. Plus she was absolutely beautiful a trait I never really got either. My sister had dark blue eyes and jet black hair. I had dark hair and green eyes. I was smiling at her talking to her friends when I felt a jab in my back. It was Tabitha.

"OH .." I trailed off.

"So Amy glad to see you aren't looking all frumpy today. You actually look almost pleasant." she said as if she were actually complimenting me.

Just then something in me stirred and I felt completely maliscious. I couldn't control what I did just then. I looked down at her as she was not as tall as me and I could feel my eyes darkening and then glowing. The hair on my neck rose and the veins under my eyes popped a little . I was trying to hurt her. I could see inside her little stupid head and I could feel what she felt. Jealousy? She was jealous of me? She wanted my hair and nose .. what? I could feel her pain as I crushed on her mind. The entire room froze in stop motion. Her nose began to bleed very badly all over her white and pink dress. Her little pixie blonde hair was wet from her sweating under my gaze. I was telling her from now on she would be my friend. That she would stop her endless torturing of me. Why had I not been able to do this to her before? Why had I not thought of it? I would make stupid Tabitha my slave. Just then I felt a tap on my shoulder and it was my mother.

"Amy! Stop right now!"

I shook a bit and my face was normal again.

"she isn't worth us being found out Amy. Just look at her look at what you are doing to her."

"I'm sorry mom."

With that I felt almost guilty. I looked at the room everyone had started where they left off. I looked back at Tabitha.

"OH my you look so great Amy." she was saying blood still running from her nose.

"Um Tabitha your nose is bleeding you may want to go to the restroom."

"Oh god." she began to laugh in a crazy way and ran to the bathroom.

I looked up at my mom from across the room and one thing about us Moths I could read her mind and what she was thinking wasn't good. I grabbed my purse and went straight home.

Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: The Moth Family pt. 1   The Moth Family pt. 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:33 pm

That is wild, I can't wait for part 2. Very imaginative - Moth People! (I keep thinking of the Tick where Arthur is a moth type hero.)
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: The Moth Family pt. 1   The Moth Family pt. 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:01 pm

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Moth Family pt. 1   The Moth Family pt. 1 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Moth Family pt. 1
Page 1 of 1