Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Paula Deen Controversy

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Paula Deen Controversy Empty
PostSubject: Paula Deen Controversy   Paula Deen Controversy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 2:54 pm

I do not condone what was allegedly said by Ms Paula Deen. I also cannot say with a straight face I have never uttered racially insensitive or other comments in my lifetime. I do think a public figure should be dressed down for such comments as we should be more positive toward others who are different. But to fire her over such comments made a while back is not a good thing to do.

It seems we are oversensitive or try to act that way when it comes to this topic. It is PC overkill to demand a person be fired from their job for saying something stupid. Those who are offended do not have to watch the program. But this is censorship at its worse.

Paula Deen does need to face some actions for comments as do all people. But extremes such as losing one's job should not be a part of it.

Mel Gibson, Hank Williams Jr, Ted Nugent and a hose of others have said some very stupid things either recently or in the recent past. Yes, we should call them out on it and say they are stupid for doing so. But we also should not demand they be fired from their jobs over their right to say stupidity. Then we would all be out of work.

This is my view and does not reflect the views of management or other members.
Back to top Go down

Paula Deen Controversy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Preternatural Research Society :: OUT THERE!!! :: Tell us about YOUR day!-
Jump to: