Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Missing Chronicles: Uncle Harry (1 of 3)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Missing Chronicles: Uncle Harry (1 of 3) Empty
PostSubject: Missing Chronicles: Uncle Harry (1 of 3)   Missing Chronicles: Uncle Harry (1 of 3) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 1:47 am

Harry lie on the floor with intense pains in his heart as Julia called up the operator to get an ambulance to the house. "Harry, just relax and they will be here soon. I don't want to move you as it might do more harm for you. I will be here at your side for this." Harry's vision was blurring because of the pain and he nodded at his sister. The ambulance soon arrived and Harry was taken to an emergency room. He was not aware of what was going on as he kept his eyes closed to try and keep his mind off the excruciating pain.

The doctor saw him and told him numerous tests were to be done and they would give him a drug to knock him out. Julia was called in by Harry to tell her to go home and get some rest. "You can also make calls to the others out there just in case I don't make it. I do love you, sis even if you are a pain in the ass at times." Julia had tears in her eyes as she told him it was not easy living together.

Julia drove home and started to remember all of the times her brother made her quite angry. He had a short temper and would yell at everything including Julia's two sons and daughter. She wanted him to move in as he was convalescing from an automobile accident and his apartment had stairs to it. Harry agreed to this as long as he was given another room for all of the stuff he wanted to keep. That meant her daughter or sons would have to give up a room and the boys decided to live in the living room for the time it took for their Uncle Harry to recover.

The next six months were pure hell on everyone in the house including Julia. "Keep those goddam kids out of my room, Julia. I pay the bills for you, remember? That is why you wanted me to move in this dump. At least you can do is keep them out of that room." Julia asked the boys what they were doing in the room and they looked at Julia ready to hit the wall.

"Look, we use the bathroom together to save time for Uncle Harry and he complains we spend too much time dressing and undressing there. So we figured we would change in his room so we only had to do the usual shower and sh" Julia stopped the boys as she nodded at them. "I guess you can change in the living room and I will make it a point to stay out of here when you do. Uncle Harry can walk in and see then he might change his mind as he is quite the prude about the human body."

Julia also had remembered the constant reminding of how she had no money and he had to pay everything. That was partly true as Julia lost her job at the bank when it merged. All the management did and it was very tough for someone her age to find a job that paid enough to cover the bills. She worked at a big box store and was on her feet all day. Her daughter went to community college and the boys were still in high school.

Now that all seemed so petty as Harry was in the ER with tubes stuck in his body. Julia did know about his being so ornery as a kid and how he was even worse as an adult. But she figured she could shower and make some calls before returning to the hospital ER.
"Harry Maxwell? He should be registered here as we brought him in a few hours ago for a suspected heart attack." The nurse looked through her computer monitor and shook her head no. "I don't see his name anywhere. It is not uncommon for us to not update these when we get a patient who is critical. I'll ask the doctors on duty if they know where he is." After several checks the nurse told Julia her brother was nowhere in that hospital.

Julia checked the regular lobby to see if he had been transferred and was told the same thing. Julia looked at the woman as if she was crazy. "I saw my brother and he was hooked up to all kinds of tubes and was in no condition to walk out of this building. The doctor gave him something that knocked him out." The nurse told Julia to calm down and take a few deep breaths. "I am sure there is a logical explanation for all of this."
Detective Mike Darcy Jr had many cases of missing people to deal with all of his life like his father before him. Julia Hart walked in his office with bright red hair and appeared to of been crying. "The young man said you were the best missing person's detective in the country. He also looks a bit young to be a cop." Mike laughed and told Julia it was his son who was working as a trainee. "Just out of high school and ready to get to work on all the major cases. He has to learn it takes time to move up here. What can I help you with, Ma'am?"

"My brother is missing and it is one bizarre case. He started to have what appeared to be a heart attack so I called 911 to rush him to the hospital. They took him in and a doctor examined him and told me they were going to run extensive tests that required he be put out. Harry told me to go home and get some rest as the tests would take several hours. I was a numskull and listened to my older brother because when I returned, he was gone. It was like he never was there to begin with." Mike told Julia to have a seat and took down the information.

"First, 911 calls are all recorded so I will listen to each one of them to find yours. Also, ambulance radio calls are also recorded in this community for legal purposes. I can sort through all of them and find the one with your brother. Hopefully, this is one morbid mistake by the hospital staff. They are usually pretty good about this sort of thing and don't lose people physically." Mike assured Julia he would do his best to find her ailing brother.

It would prove to be another baffling case for him.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Missing Chronicles: Uncle Harry (1 of 3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missing Chronicles: Uncle Harry (1 of 3)   Missing Chronicles: Uncle Harry (1 of 3) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 1:51 am

I am using the son of the detective from the first case as a sort of continuity. This one will be solved and is a complete work of fiction.
Back to top Go down

Missing Chronicles: Uncle Harry (1 of 3)
Page 1 of 1