Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Geneticon: Designer Children (2 of 2)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Geneticon: Designer Children (2 of 2) Empty
PostSubject: Geneticon: Designer Children (2 of 2)   Geneticon: Designer Children (2 of 2) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 4:28 pm

John and Mare Engels walked into the offices of Geneticon to speak with one of the salesmen. They were rather snobby toward the others waiting in the office and ignored some would be mothers' excitement about what they were doing. "Really, John. I figured you had connections so we could speak with Dr Mackey himself. I know he is a busy man, but we do have lots of money and own a nice chunk of this business of his."

"I did speak with him and he does not know much about the ordering process. He sent us to his best agent and she will see us next. Unfortunately, they all use the same waiting room so you will have to put up with the others." The receptionist told John and Mare Tanya was ready to see them. John and Mare went into the elevator and stopped at the top floor. They entered a large lavish office with an older woman greeting them with a toothy smile.

"Sorry about the wait, but I spend several hours with each of my higher end clients. I know you are a good friend of Dr Mackey and I hope to make this visit very pleasant for the both of you. Now, what is it Geneticon can do for you?" Mare looked at John and decided to go first. "I have a different request than most and wonder if you will be able to pull it off." Tanya again smiled and showed Mare a large board of satisfied customers. She then showed an empty board of those who weren't satisfied.

"We aim to never put one picture on that board. If it takes more than one try, we will give you what you want." Mare smiled and took out some professional drawings of a young beautiful little girl. "I know designing them is easy for you, but again I want something a bit different. I want her to be four years old when I get her. I don't like the thought of changing diapers and don't want a nanny. I want to show off my beautiful daughter to all my friends and relatives." Tanya told Mare she would be able to do what she asked.

"Yes, but you haven't heard the rest. I want her to remain four years old forever. I don't want her growing up at all or aging. In twenty years, she still must be four years old." Tanya wrote it all down and made a phone call to Dr Mackey himself. After speaking with him Tanya had a big smile on her face. "Of course he can do that, but it will cost you extra. She will be four when she dies of old age at 200. We have expanded the lifespans of all people who are born from our labs. Is there anything your husband wants?" John smiled and looked at Mare who indicated she was done.

"I want a teenaged son who also won't age. I like to be a father but not a grandfather. That makes people so old to be called Grandpa. He must be into sports of course. I also want him to look like this." John took out a picture of a celebrity teen star and gave it to Tanya. "I don't know if he is a clone of yours, but I have seen his parents hobnob with Dr Mackey. That kid is great looking and maybe you can change the hair color to blond and the eyes to a deep green so they can't say I am copying them." Tanya smiled and told John his order would be put in right away.

"Also, can you make it a Baker's dozen? I want to watch them play sports together." Tanya looked at the man and again told him it would cost extra. She then bid the couple goodbye as another one appeared in the elevator. "Miss Tanya? I have a change I need made." Tanya hoped to have the rest of the day off, but she was making a huge amount of money from commissions.

"Cancel the one order I had. I found out someone is getting the same type of child in my family and I want to be different. I want one each the color of the rainbow. Blue skin, green skin, red skin. You know like a rainbow?" Tanya looked at the woman and again gave her toothy smile as she called up Dr Mackey to ask if this was possible. "It will take a little bit as we have never been asked for a blue or green child, but it can be done. Tell her she can have them in a few months."

The woman smiled and then asked what would become of her canceled order. "We put those children in another lot and people who don't have as much money can get them. Your daughter should sell rather quickly and it will be to the right couple." The woman smiled as she left the office. Tanya looked at the empty board and smiled.

"My God, those people are getting crazier and crazier with their orders. What's next, a centaur?"
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Geneticon: Designer Children (2 of 2) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geneticon: Designer Children (2 of 2)   Geneticon: Designer Children (2 of 2) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 4:30 pm

"I want a daughter with green eyes, red hair and light skin. If possible, can you make her hair glow in the dark?" I envision that would not be too far off in the near future. Fertility clinics select the sex now, why not make it so genetics are picked? Scary, but it will sadly become true.
Back to top Go down

Geneticon: Designer Children (2 of 2)
Page 1 of 1