Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Cat's Meow by Karl Kramer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

The Cat's Meow by Karl Kramer Empty
PostSubject: The Cat's Meow by Karl Kramer   The Cat's Meow by Karl Kramer I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 8:50 pm

Bastet loved her life and her human. He was perfect as he was quite easy to train. He would make sure to give her a sample of his food no matter what it was, he would clean out her cat box all the time, and at night she knew he would move into a great position so she could make a nest.

It wasn't so easy for her as the last humans like to hit her and mistreat her. But she prayed to the Cat Goddess and knew it would be answered. She had another name then: Spotty because she was a calico. What an insult of a name for a queen.

She didn't have to stay long at the old house as they got rid of her for some stupid reason: She liked to sharpen her claws on the rug. "Where else can I sharpen them?" she would ask with no answer. They had not made anything for her to sharpen them on. It was for the better as they would hit her often and she would just hide from them.

The trip in the car was awful, and the place she was brought to was worse. All that chemical smell made her ill. She could barely smell the other cats and dogs, which she would of preferred. The noise was terrible as most of the other animals were crying for someone to take them home or at least pet them. It was the worst place she had ever been to, and wondered if Bastet the Cat Goddess had heard her prayers correctly.

She was put in a tiny cage right next to her litter box, and that was just too insulting for words. How many humans sleep right next to that large porcelain unit they use? She did get food and water, and the one lady was very nice to her when she brought in the food. On the weekend, a nice girl would come in just to pet the cats, and she looked forward to that.

A few weeks went by and Bastet had almost given up until someone came in and was looking around. He was a very pleasant person and his eyes lit up when he saw all the kitties. She could sense this was a perfect human, and she knew she had to make her mark. As he walked by, she reached out and tapped his shoulder.

"I'll take this one" he said without hesitation. The plan worked, and he took along several of her new friends also. She was OK with that, as they knew she was the older one and their boss.

"I'll call you Bastet after the Cat Goddess" he stated. "I had a dream I was visited by a woman who looked Egyptian and told me she was Bastet. I was also going to get some cats, but kept putting it off. I am so glad I found you, my Queen."

Bastet never forgot those words and made sure to thank her namesake every night. She would knead for a long time and then twirl around before she laid in her home made nest.

"I am home and safe" Bastet purred.

Last edited by Mercury on Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: The Cat's Meow by Karl Kramer   The Cat's Meow by Karl Kramer I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:15 am

Awe he should have taken all the cats. cyclops but then he would have just been an animal hoarder. scratch
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: The Cat's Meow by Karl Kramer   The Cat's Meow by Karl Kramer I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:59 pm

Since it is based on my kitty and experiences in picking her out (or she picking me out), I wanted to take them all home. In the story, maybe he will in the future. queen
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: The Cat's Meow by Karl Kramer   The Cat's Meow by Karl Kramer I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 8:08 am

Or better yet have kitty rescue them:-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Cat's Meow by Karl Kramer   The Cat's Meow by Karl Kramer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Cat's Meow by Karl Kramer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Preternatural Research Society :: Writer's Corner-
Jump to: