HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Fascinating the "Winchester House" San Jose CA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

PostSubject: Fascinating the "Winchester House" San Jose CA   Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:15 am

This haunted house is known the world over as the place where 160 various rooms that go nowhere and doors in the ceiling. All for the main cause of her pet ghosts - as I would refer to them as. Apparently told Sarah Winchester (widow of William Wirt Winchester) to do have them made. I am posting a link to the main website so that you can explore some of the best photos. Enjoy! Very Happy

http://winchestermysteryhouse.com/index.cfm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mercury
God
God

PostSubject: Re: Fascinating the "Winchester House" San Jose CA   Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:52 pm

Thank you for sharing this information and that site. I love Gothic old houses and the eccentric personalities who created them.

It is almost as bit as Biltmore House in North Carolina:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biltmore_House

I don't know if it is haunted, but it has enough rooms (400) to hide some ghosts!

I will look around for some famous haunted houses in the Chicago area and post them here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

PostSubject: Re: Fascinating the "Winchester House" San Jose CA   Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:30 pm

I want to live there! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mercury
God
God

PostSubject: Re: Fascinating the "Winchester House" San Jose CA   Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:59 pm

I was looking for some old mansions which had hidden rooms and used for murder when I came across this mansion in Ohio:

http://www.prairieghosts.com/oh-frank.html

This does look interesting if it is close to where you are at.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

PostSubject: Re: Fascinating the "Winchester House" San Jose CA   Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:54 am

Franklin Castle is very very creepy. I have a few mobile photos of it here I went there and to another castle in or around Cleveland in Late September with a girlfriend I work with. It was very creepy. But also there was a calm about it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
OD
Elder Spirit
Elder Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Fascinating the "Winchester House" San Jose CA   Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:55 am

Tethys13 wrote:
Franklin Castle is very very creepy. I have a few mobile photos of it here I went there and to another castle in or around Cleveland in Late September with a girlfriend I work with. It was very creepy. But also there was a calm about it.

Love it.
Spiers and turrets is my kind of house.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mercury
God
God

PostSubject: Re: Fascinating the "Winchester House" San Jose CA   Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:24 pm

It is a beautiful house with the stone masonry and the Victorian style. I would put it on my list of places to go next time I visit family in Ohio.

Thank you for sharing that photo, Tethys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

PostSubject: Re: Fascinating the "Winchester House" San Jose CA   Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:58 am

You are welcome. It is placed in such a regular neighborhood too. Just be careful which way you go - it is technically in Ohio City, OH outside of Cleveland and one way is well kind of not the best part of town and you another way it is very ritzy and pretty.

I took a very interesting photo of it from the side but I am not sure if you can see the odd looking thing in the photo I saw. I'll post it here anyhow.

if you look toward the center you can see a peach colored siloette. It looks like the side view of a girls face. I did not see any sunlight reflections really on that side of the house and all of the greenery came out on the photo as being white or yellow. Then there is this peach looking thing. I thought it was odd compared to my friends photos and it did not show up again in the second photo I took. Just a wee bit odd.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fascinating the "Winchester House" San Jose CA   

Back to top Go down

Fascinating the "Winchester House" San Jose CA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1