Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM Empty
PostSubject: FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM   FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 11:58 am

I have been advised some members would participate more if they had a general understanding of how the forum works and what it is.

Rather than the emails I have sent to physical members I will be breifly going over some aspects to get you all in the conversation. This will happen during next weeks meeting.

It is barely moving here. Very Happy

blessings.
Back to top Go down
https://preternaturalclub.forumotion.com
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM   FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 1:04 am

It does seem like it is just a conversation with a few people. If they would come on more, we can have a wider and more diverse conversation of the ideas here.

It is easy to start a topic on something that interests them. They don't have to be writing majors to do this (just look at me) and have a lot of fun. We don't tolerate any nonsense or mean spirited people (I am an administrator over at Legendary Times and have deleted a few bad apples).

We don't bite or make fun of any ideas here (mine are rather far out to begin with) and encourage new ideas. If you are interested in any of these subjects, you probably think outside the box and we appreciate it. If you disagree with something, don't be afraid to tell us and share your visions. Diversity is wonderful if it is shared so we can all learn from it.

We also have a sense of humor and love sharing stories.

Basically, just come on and have fun here.

As for the technical aspects, it is a learning experience. I am still learning how to manage all the things I see here. It is half the fun of being here.

Don't be afraid to start a thread in the technical board if you have a question on how to do something. That is where we all learn too.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM   FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 11:00 am

Exactly! I have noticed a few pretentious individuals over at LT and have since lost some interest in going over there as much. There were a couple I am nice and won't name but really annoyed the heck out of me. I said "just breathe" it is only a forum..ignore smarty pants people.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM   FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 10:11 pm

There are a few who make me a bit upset a few times. I even got a PM from one of them correcting my grammar! Being an administrator sometimes makes me want to use the prune section on a few of them, but I take it with stride.

I am not afraid to call them out on their rudeness and they usually stay away for a while. It can be a nice break. sunny
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM   FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 8:49 pm

Wow! Correcting your grammar?? Talk about rude.. Although Giorgio does do that a lot too and can be kinda rude on twitter to people..I can't imagine what could make someone feel the need to police others in that manner.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM   FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 1:35 pm

Also I took your advice and started to write about my paranormal experiences - one in particular that sort of changed my whole outlook. It involves other people so I was trying to figure out how to not disclose names and yet talk about this or that person. Changing the names of people sort of feels weird. So maybe a different approach was in order. I have a rough first chapter of sorts and I have my computer working at home- just not the internet. Still undecided if I want to switch to Uverse with At&t.

So many decisions..
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM   FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 10:15 pm

One way around the name use is to use initials of their names. No one would know who it was unless they knew who you were.

I usually change the names of people when I write about a personal experience.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM   FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 9:57 am

Yes my family could care less but I don't want to get sued! I'm overly paranoid like that.

Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM   FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 8:32 pm

Tethys13 wrote:
Yes my family could care less but I don't want to get sued! I'm overly paranoid like that.

It might be best to change names! affraid
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM   FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 9:28 am

I decided to use initials for now. bounce it is mainly for one person in the book. I am referring to him as Mr. C.

His last name begins with a C so I'll keep it that way. everyone else doesn't care. It is really not about any one of them. They are the gates to who I am now. The reason I am who I am. It is going to be about my experiences with a ouija. It sounds quite silly and mundane, I should post the first part of it here. I am rather shy about it though. It is very personal. I have mentioned briefly some of the things that happened before here as well as on LT forum but the book goes very in depth about it. It really was the most preternatural experience I have ever had.

I was also threatened by a co-worker that if I DID NOT publish a book soon she was going to smack me. Surprised alien cyclops

gotta love true friends right? geek
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM   FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 11:33 pm

Ebooks make it easy to do nowadays. I prefer an actual printed book myself, but it seems many love their ebooks.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM   FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 9:18 am

I have been told by a good friend to use a pen name and that will solve things considerably. I was contemplating an ancestral name.
Back to top Go down
https://preternaturalclub.forumotion.com
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM   FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 9:57 pm

Stephen King used a pen name before he got famous (Richard Bachman). And of course there is Samuel Clemens.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM   FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 10:33 pm

C.H.Hurst I'm thinking (Cathryn Howard Hurst) a take on 3 people I know:-)
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM   FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 11:04 pm

Some of the characters I write about are based loosely on people I know.

I do want to write a book about helping out some of the troubled teens, and I will probably use many I knew in the past. I plan on combining some attributes and incidents, so some may think the character is them. But I will inform them in advance part is based on them but not all.

Then again, I might just do it as non fiction as the time in my life was fascinating.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM   FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 10:11 am

In my current writing outside of the forum stuff it is about me and involves loved ones friends and the person that led me to the ouija because it all started over questions I had about a guy and the experiences that I had after. Things that started so innocent became life changing events. Things that made me stronger and a better person in many ways.

It is funny how things that are so simple can end up so unimaginable.

I have titled it The Deconstruction of a Man by C.H. HURST partly because of my job. I have a very professional career and don't want to tarnish that in any way because of the experiences. It is like I am creating my own cover-up lol!
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM   FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 9:33 pm

It make sense to do that. Once the book is a huge success, then you have an option of going with a writing career or sticking where you are.

I always believe in leaving all options open.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM   FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 9:06 am

Very true. I will be really busy next few weeks. A lot of stuff going on at work now. I'm kinda looking forward to being busy at work again. There was quite a slow period here last few months. But when it gets busy it is like going from a to z in a matter of seconds! affraid

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM   FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FORUM CLASS :HOW TO USE THE PC FORUM
Page 1 of 1