Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Goddess Imagery in Modern Times

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Goddess Imagery in Modern Times Empty
PostSubject: Goddess Imagery in Modern Times   Goddess Imagery in Modern Times I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 12:46 am

There is a lot of Goddess Imagery in the USA:
Goddess Imagery in Modern Times Columbia_pictures_logo_520
Goddess Imagery in Modern Times Walker
Goddess Imagery in Modern Times Saint-gaudens-double-eagle-gold-with-motto

This also includes the Statue of Liberty, and all the images of the Justice Goddess Themis holding her scales. Here is an interesting article arguing most of the Founding Fathers were Pagans:

http://nobeliefs.com/pagan.htm

I don't know if they were all Pagans, but there is no reference to Christianity in any of the grand documents out there (Declaration of Independence, Constitution).

The Goddess Minerva is depicted in several service medals including the US Army and Naval and Marine Corps Medal of Honor.

I think about this a lot when I hear people stating the US is a Christian nation founded on Christian principles. Did they ever get a good look at Libertas, the Roman Goddess of Liberty?
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: More Goddess and some Pagan God imagery   Goddess Imagery in Modern Times I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:48 pm

The other aspect of the Mother Goddess image is in Mother Nature herself. While we do not worship her in the USA (for the most part), she is actually the Goddess Ceres. She has been used for many commercials and it seems many forget where she originates.

We also hunt for Easter Eggs (coming up in a few months) and tell our children about the Easter Bunny. Eostara is a Goddess of the Spring (Persephone is the equivalent in Greek/Roman myth) who holds rabbits and eggs sacred. Eggs are fertility symbols, and spring is the time of birth. It is interesting to note the most sacred of Christian holidays is put on the most sacred of the Pagan holidays. They wanted to wipe it all out, but we still look for those Easter Eggs.

With Minerva protecting our soldiers, Thetis protecting our Justice and Libertas protecting our freedom, we seem to have many who either based this on Paganism or had a major interest in it. Also, Nike is for the athletes (she features on the Olympic medals since 2004), Venus is adorned on many buildings built by the Freemasons. Venus the Love Goddess is a protector of alchemy along with Mercury.

Let us not forget Santa is a version of the god Saturn who gave out gifts of toys to all. He was especially fond of children even though the Greeks portrayed him as a mean one. He was raised up again in Rome where he was celebrated in Saturnalia.

George Washington in many sculptures is portrayed as Jupiter. I wonder if future generations will begin to venerate him as a god.

Goddess Imagery in Modern Times 300px-George_Washington_Greenough_statue
George Washington is posed just like the Jupiter model.

More on this later on.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: Goddess Imagery in Modern Times   Goddess Imagery in Modern Times I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 10:40 am

I always loved Greek artwork like the statues and Roman too. During my senior year in hs I was obsessed with greek art and angels. I would sit outside for hours just staring at the sky.

We had a back yard swing and I would take my cd player (walkman) with me and sit for hours. I miss that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goddess Imagery in Modern Times   Goddess Imagery in Modern Times I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Goddess Imagery in Modern Times
Page 1 of 1