Mermaids..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

PostSubject: Mermaids..   Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:28 am

just have to put it out there.

I always want to beleive in them just because I'm in love with them, but I have to wonder if it isn't an animal what if there was a creature that was like the vision of a mermaid but was either alien or from another dimension?

scientifically it isn't possible but that is if they are humanoids in truth. I don't believe every encounter was a manatee

Could very well have been alien..since Ancient Aliens episode about the myths of gods and goddesses I have thought why not? I mean why not a lot of things?

These myths and legends had to come from something factual. Like Bigfoot, the black cats of England, and Nessie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mercury
God
God

PostSubject: Re: Mermaids..   Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:33 pm

The Nommo were part amphibian (along with the creatures encountered by the Sumerians who taught them about civilization).

I do think it is possible some of these beings are from other worlds, I also think there could by preternatural beings of half amphibian half human on this Earth. It is a very big planet and they would be smart enough to stay hidden from us.

Some very good encounters have been documented, so it is hard to dismiss them as an encounter with a manatee or like creature.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

PostSubject: Re: Mermaids..   Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:57 pm

It is funny hundreds of years ago we humans would have not thought twice about believing in creatures like that. Now we have CNN and YOUTUBE...and a lot of doubt:-(
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mercury
God
God

PostSubject: Re: Mermaids..   Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:49 pm

I guess it took PT Barnum to teach people to be skeptical of these types of claims. He was the king of hoax and fake side shows and coined the phrase "There's a sucker born every minute."

YouTube would be a great video for this type of stuff, but the vast majority of it is faked or hoaxes. I have a few rules now when it comes to YouTube:

1. If there is no natural sound

2. If the video is extremely short and only shows a small part of the UFO (or other enigma). One wonders what is being left out.

3. If no one else in the video seems to notice what is going on (many have groups of people oblivious to the UFO etc).

These are but a few red flags to make one skeptical. Still, there is a very small percent which may be the real deal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

PostSubject: Re: Mermaids..   Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:36 am

A lot of people seem to go by the notion that it is faked if you can "re make"that same video.

I disagree with that notion. Anything can be faked using technology. But the vast majority of youtube videos are people being funny. I get the humor but I try to look at other sources too. Like where the video came from. Whether or not someone in forensic testing did any analysis of the video and how many comparisons you can use to test it.

I think about how crafty and creative people have been over the years. Billy Meir is one. I have a really hard time not thinking he is just having fun with us all. Even if some claim he is the real deal.

I think one thing to not forget are the people that have almost a cult like following behind them as well that post information on youtube and write book after book with their claims. Some of which they use to try to make the every day mundane person with mild skepticism look like a jerk for having any questions. David Icke is one that does this. I have taken the advise of some of our friends on LT forum and watched some of his videos. It only made me think Icke was out for more money. He gets almost angry when anyone questions his beliefs. I can understand the occasional frustration when you know something to be true and no one believes you but you have to have patience. If you are out for yourself you use force to convey your belief systems.

It only makes people look crazy when they do that. I for one want science behind it. Because the human mind will only validate your claims if there is a scientific proof after your claim. It is just our nature. So I say go with our nature.

And there is nothing wrong with believing in something either. Having faith is a totally different issue. I think that is why some have faith in ufology but not necessarily the proof to validate the proof.

And hoaxing people should be a crime at this point. Committing fraud for your own purposes you should be in jail. Like the idiot that said bigfoot was frozen in his cooler.. that should have been a sign right there but they held a press conference! I mean who keeps bigfoot in their cooler? haha They should have put them in jail to teach them a lesson. Only to deactivate any other frauds out there. It only hurts the proof we do have when that happens.

I guess I have some strong opinions today.. must me my coffee.. affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OD
Elder Spirit
Elder Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Mermaids..   Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:55 pm

It's not the ones pulling the Hoax as much as those who fall for them, over and over, and over.

They should have to wear a sign..... lol!

There are some extremely gullable people walking aroung.

We know more about the moon than we know about the Ocean
or what lives in it.

Mermaids? Probably not, but who knows?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

PostSubject: Re: Mermaids..   Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:16 pm

I love the smiley realing in a fish hahaha Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OD
Elder Spirit
Elder Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Mermaids..   Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:34 pm

Tethys13 wrote:
I love the smiley realing in a fish hahaha Cool

Ahhh, it's a boot....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mercury
God
God

PostSubject: Re: Mermaids..   Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:39 pm

Billy Meier made a few mistakes in not discarding a model of one of the spaceships in his film. He also used a picture out of a Sears catalog which did not bode well when some discovered it.

He has a rabid following and they call anyone who dismisses Mr Meier as disinformation agents.

Ed Walters also got into hot water when the new owner of the house found a model of the UFO he photographed. There are many researchers who claim it was planted, even though Lt Col Kevin Randle checked out the information himself and found the owner was the one to find it.

Also, a teenager in that case came forward with his involvement in the whole deal. He was immediately attacked as a liar by UFO researchers instead of them looking into the claim as rational adults should.

While I do think we are being visited and that there are many strange cryptid creatures out there, I think the biggest challenge to this type of research is many researchers themselves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

PostSubject: Re: Mermaids..   Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:02 am

I don't believe Ed Walters was telling the truth and I don't believe Billy Meier. One can look at other evidence as more credible. I call it the sad but true truth..

It is a shame that people fake that stuff I am not gullible by any means but if you were not a trained eye you may look at that stuff and think it was the truth. There is a whole Youtube video about debunking Mr. Meiers. Not that I am a huge advicate of YOUTUBE but it is a good video.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mercury
God
God

PostSubject: Re: Mermaids..   Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:07 am

I noticed you have a mermaid in the smiley area:

Makes this thread pop!

I do wonder how many think a mermaid can be confused with a dolphin or a manatee. It is obvious neither looks like a human from the front.

and for the ladies:

It is interesting the majority of images are Disney like. I was trying to find some cool mermaids and mermen, but only found the above two.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

PostSubject: Re: Mermaids..   Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:21 am

I know. Cool photos. I am still in love with DIKA WOLF's artwork. Sorry I had to take the new smilies off there was an issue with them yesterday when I tried to use a few of them. Sad

I am looking into some other ones that will work here better. So sorry!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mercury
God
God

PostSubject: Re: Mermaids..   Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:30 pm

That is fine with the new smileys. I can't wait to see what they will be. I do like the sun and flower smileys.

It is fun looking for all the artwork on these subjects. The top one is too cutesy for me, but the bottom one is very nice (although a somewhat erotic vibe to it).

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

PostSubject: Re: Mermaids..   Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:37 am

There are some really good artists out there David Delamare is one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

PostSubject: Re: Mermaids..   Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:12 am

How the hell did I friggin miss this ???

http://animal.discovery.com/videos/mermaids/

??? Is this a mocumentary or what?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mercury
God
God

PostSubject: Re: Mermaids..   Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:31 pm

Those are cool mermaid videos. It shows how they could exist and live. I also like the megalodon shark featured in the one video.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mermaids..   

Back to top Go down

Mermaids..
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1