Share | 

House of Terror: Justice Served

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

PostSubject: House of Terror: Justice Served   Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:03 am

Rain fell on the house and Charli sat with her book just reading.

She was alone here at her late father's house. He had died mysteriously gun shot suicide but the cops said it was because apparently her dad had debt he wasn't able to pay. She guessed they were right even though something about it never really sat well with her. It was a very hard time for Charli. So much to do. The bank was taking the old place now and her father's accountant George was helping settle things for her as he was a long time family friend. She would think of it tomorrow. Right now she was tired and in need of sleep.

She turned to turn off her light next to the couch. For some reason she could not sleep in her dads bed. It didn't feel like he was gone yet. When she would come to visit him he would let her sleep on the couch and have breakfast and coffee for her when she woke up. The House was 4 miles outside of Chatanooga Tennessee and she loved the mountains and the wild animals. She had taken some time off work to settle things.

She laid down and at that exact moment she heard a loud crashing sound. Someone was in the kitchen scurying around. She had no pets and no one should be in there since the door was locked. She sat straight up as a light turned on in the kitchen. No one was there except her. She grabbed the phone to dial 911 but no dial tone. She assumed the phone had become unplugged from the main switch. It was a chordless phone so no dial tone meant no signal. Stupid contraption.

She got up slowly just waiting on the intruder to find her. No one came.

She sat and sat for what seemed forever.

THe light went off again. She slowly got up from the couch and walked toward the kitchen. She felt so stupid doing it. Isn't this how girls in horror films die?

She peeked around the corner but no one was there. A plant on the counter had fallen into the sink hitting it with a bang. That didn't explain the light in the kitchen or the fact the door was still locked.

Must be ghosts she thought laughing to herself relieved it was nothing. The scurying must have been the plant leaves hitting against the sink.

She went and sat down. That was freaky but she tacked it up to the storm outside. Everything was creepier during a storm.

She tried to lay down and relax but it took her a while. That is when she heard footsteps coming down the stairs. She saw a dark black shadow almost so black you could not see it coming down the stairs. Then it stopped.

She sat up again and ran to the kitchen and grabbed a knife. Someone was in her house.

She tried to unsuccessfully open the kitchen door and run outside because she could see the shadow behind her. She hid in the small cabinet for canned goods. It was large enought to stand in so she went in quickly so not to be seen. She could feel someone on the other side of the cabinet. The kitchen light went on and she could see an outline of a man from the corner. It was mainly his shadow so she could not see his face or make out what he may be wearing.

She closed her eyes and prayed.

The light went off again and she could tell there was no longer anyone there. She stayed in the cabinet for a long time just breathing. She knew she must try to leave the house but she did not have her keys. Where had she put her coat? Oh my god she thought it was hanging in the bathroom up stairs. If she could just get her coat and keys she would be out of here and drive to town to find the cops.

Charli took a deep breath and she breathed in and out three times to center herself. It was an all or nothing moment.

She grabbed the kitchen knife again and slowly crept through the living room. Again no one was there. She crept up the stairs to the top fo the long stair case of the old house.

It creeked a bit as she went further up. She saw that there was no one there and the coast was clear. She ran as fast as she could to the bathroom to grab her coat with the car keys in the pocket. With a terror inside her she had never known she knew she only had moments before the stranger found her.

She heard it downstairs again. The loud bang the kitchen light on and then the man was coming back upstairs. How did he get to the bottom without her seeing him? Could there be more than one man in her father's old house? What if she were raped or killed? She had to get out of this damn house!

She stole a free moment to step inside her father's old room. The man was coming towards her fathers room. As she went in she hid under the bed wearing her coat she was frigid and cold and breathing quite hard. As she lay there in the darkness she could hear what sounded like breathing on her fathers bed a loud snoring that sounded like someone was a sleep in her father's bed. Was this freak really taking a nap right now?

That is when she heard another set of footsteps this time she heard the cocking of a gun and suddenly a loud shot rang out. A man groaning and then another shot ran out. She saw the stuffing from the bed leak out above her head. She heard the mans footsteps coming closer to the opposite end of the bed.

She had to take one leap and run out of the room as fast as she could. By now tears were streaming down her face. As she rolled out from under the bed she in horror noticed there was no one there. Where did they go? When she looked at the bed there was a large blood stain and her shoulder and gut were covered in blood. She then in horror noticed the shadow of the man behind her she looked up and saw in the bedroom mirror a man she knew so well - a friend of her fathers stood behind her watching his reflection as if she were not there. It was Casey her father's young friend from down the road. He went right through her to check his blood spattered face. She looked back in the mirror reflection and saw her father laying on the bed. He had put the gun in her fathers hand and made it look like a suicide. It was happening so fast. She began to stare in terror as the man grabbed a rag and then ran down the stairs into the night.

"Dad.." she turned but no one was there. No blood remained.

"Why? Why would someone do this to you?'

Suddenly a drawer opened and a peice of paper fell out. There was a land deed that her father upon his death would go to Casey and his family so that Charli would not have to worry about the property. It was a leathal mistake on her father's part. Suddenly she was in her father's kitchen and the events flashed before her. Her father was in his kitchen with Casey he was pouring coffee and talking to Casey.

"Thanks so much for all the help with this big peice of property."

"Anytime John. "said the slimeball as he drank the coffee her father served him and ate the eggs her dad served him.

"You know I'm not going to leave this property to Charli. Too much work for a girl her age. She lives in the city. She has a great job. She doesn't need to worry about this place when I'm gone. So I have decided to leave the property to you Casey, your mom can turn this place into a bed and breakfast. You two are alone now. You could really use the help."

"OH man John." Casey stood and hugged her father.

"No no big deal. You both deserve it."

So this was why he did it. She was then shown a flash of Casey doing drugs with some guys and being told he owed them money. He had been beaten up that same night he came and shot her father.

"Bastard!"

With the newly found evidence Charli was able to give the detectives evidence to show that her father had been murdered in cold blood. Casey could not deny the bruises on his face or the fact that he had already visited a lawyer about the house. Casey wasn't smart enough to cover his tracks. Because he was found guilty of murder the deed was not valid and her father's house went to Charli.

Charli had been reliving the events of her fathers murder the night she saw the shadow men in her father's house. It was like an optical allusion. Nothing more. It all made sense to her in the end. She was only glad she was able to help her father. Those terrifying events of how he died still haunted her. But the ghost of her father never came back to the house.

The ghostly encounter was her father's way of making sure that Casey went to jail. Justice was served.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mercury
God
God

PostSubject: Re: House of Terror: Justice Served   Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:54 pm

I want to read this behind my couch! Good story, nicely done touches in the end.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

PostSubject: Re: House of Terror: Justice Served   Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:58 am

Why thanks! I have a flare for torturing my subjects in my writings.. not too much. But I watch a lot of true crime stuff and my imagination runs away with me..swing on a paranormal approach and anything is possible. But I hate watching slasher films. Grosses me out!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mercury
God
God

PostSubject: Re: House of Terror: Justice Served   Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:06 pm

In the movie Psycho, the shower scene was done so we do not see any actual slashing. The shots are done in a way so we think we do. Hitchcock knew how to use the imagination in such scenes. Less is more, so to speak.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

PostSubject: Re: House of Terror: Justice Served   Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:56 am

In the movie with Sarah Michelle Gellar(Prinze Jr) The Return. It was very weird about a ghost inhabiting a womans body and her memories were of the dead girls.

Cool concept and very odd. An IFC type film. Not to creepy. Lots of scenes where you are looking out at the people from inside a closet or hidden space. That is kinda what I was going for here.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: House of Terror: Justice Served   

Back to top Go down

House of Terror: Justice Served
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1