Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ancient Aliens

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

Ancient Aliens Empty
PostSubject: Ancient Aliens   Ancient Aliens I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 9:33 pm

For those new here some of your lovely and informative researchers and writers of all things here hail from the land of Legendary Times forum.

Anyone that doesn't watch television you may check out Ancient Aliens on History2 channel!

It is a show mainly headed by Giorgio Tsoukalos of Legendary Times Magazine.
It mainly discusses the possibility of Peoples of Alien origin having visited our planet in the past and may have helped shape our culture, religions, and technology.

Helpful site
www.legendarytimes.com

Last edited by Tethys13 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Ancient Aliens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ancient Aliens   Ancient Aliens I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 8:53 pm

The first two episodes were about the Mayans and the 2012 calendar. It was very interesting and had a very exciting Giorgio on it.
Back to top Go down
OD
Elder Spirit
Elder Spirit
OD

Ancient Aliens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ancient Aliens   Ancient Aliens I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 12:39 am

Mercury wrote:
The first two episodes were about the Mayans and the 2012 calendar. It was very interesting and had a very exciting Giorgio on it.

I agree, I watched them twice.

Ancient Aliens Mayancalendar1
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

Ancient Aliens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ancient Aliens   Ancient Aliens I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:45 am

Yes I saw the original preview and figured it would not be good. Yet, the first one was better than I expected but the second episode was just okay. I didn't really learn anything new in the second one but the first one I watched twice as well.

The bit about Chichen Itza was good. My niece lived in the village there for two years with her husband who is from there. She said the way it looks on tv is completely different than it is in person. They only show the non graffiti ridden parts on the telly.

It is also a park for the village and they have parties there at the ancient ruins.

Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Ancient Aliens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ancient Aliens   Ancient Aliens I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:45 pm

I don't have too much hope for the one called The Greys. It looks to be a rehash of older stuff, but I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

Ancient Aliens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ancient Aliens   Ancient Aliens I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:15 am

I can't say this on LT website for fear of being beaten affraid but last season I used as napping material.. pretty boring stuff. Only a few episodes really held my attention.

May sound harsh but i swear the narrator could do sleep cd's I never sleep anyhow. So I guess I use AA season 3 as a really good vise.

cherry

I literally go to bed at 9 or 10 but wake up at 12:34/ 4:00/ 5:20/ then my alarm is off at 6:15am

I am one Sleep girl!

But in all seriousness I think this season so far has held my interest. there was no napping during it. That is a good sign. Because once I am in my big over sized couch with a throw.. it is pretty much over.

I think that the Greys will be about wall photos and statues depicting things that look like "greys" like the one they did about the Reptilians. What I wish Giorgio would actually talk about is the fact that a lot of these things while being very "alien" like also depict stories - usage of imagination as well- or even perhaps the stories of myths and legends could have just been made up too. NOt necessarily Gods from another planet.

I get what he is saying most of the time but that show has such a large following now. I think the 45,000 plus on facebook says it all. I don't think they will back track now on some of it. Just keeping it alien. I'm having a hard time explaining what I mean this morning.. i am rambling.. so sorry..

Back to top Go down
LoSt iN ThOuGhT
Vampire Slayer
Vampire Slayer
LoSt iN ThOuGhT

Ancient Aliens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ancient Aliens   Ancient Aliens I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 12:59 pm

I can say so much more here, even though I have mentioned it before on the LT forum.

I am so tired of them constantly saying some really out there idea or theory, something that will have me rolling my eyes and saying "For crying out loud".

Anyway...when they say this: " As Ancient Alien theorist's believe...." anti

So then when people who are just getting into this subject, they have to be thinking.."Wow what a bunch of crack-pots."

Well anyway I love the show, despite a few complaints I have. And I watch them over and over a lot.

The shows are really a great tool for getting people to think about life and our beginnings and so many other possibilities.

But the show tends to wrap us all up in a box with a neat tidy bow. People who believe in Ancient Astronauts/Aliens, have many many varied ideas on the subject and we don't all believe the same thing.

I didn't mean for this to turn into a rant..ok maybe I did, but it felt good to get that out.

bye
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Ancient Aliens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ancient Aliens   Ancient Aliens I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 1:46 pm

The next episode is about natural disasters and an ancient alien connection which looks to be the same old stuff.

Two weeks from now there is an episode about a possible NASA connection which does look interesting.
Back to top Go down
LoSt iN ThOuGhT
Vampire Slayer
Vampire Slayer
LoSt iN ThOuGhT

Ancient Aliens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ancient Aliens   Ancient Aliens I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 2:50 pm

Mercury wrote:
The next episode is about natural disasters and an ancient alien connection which looks to be the same old stuff.

Two weeks from now there is an episode about a possible NASA connection which does look interesting.
That definitely sound like a rehash of the same subject.

The NASA one sounds promising.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

Ancient Aliens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ancient Aliens   Ancient Aliens I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 7:40 pm

I have been so busy this weekend have missed the latest episode.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Ancient Aliens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ancient Aliens   Ancient Aliens I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 5:11 pm

I did not watch Friday night's episode, but plan on doing so with the episode on NASA. I am happy to see the episode after that uses an entire hour on the city of Puma Punku. I am hoping the show changes gear and does that for a while.

Also, the Starchild Skull could have an hour of its own going over all the DNA tests done showing people where the case stands.

The show does have a chance to educate, and not just do the usual doom and gloom type shows.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

Ancient Aliens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ancient Aliens   Ancient Aliens I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 3:36 pm

I think the latest one is and was almost the same as one from season 2 about weather causing human society to be extinct and to change things with floods...they need some new material..

geek
Back to top Go down
OD
Elder Spirit
Elder Spirit
OD

Ancient Aliens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ancient Aliens   Ancient Aliens I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 4:27 pm

Yep, how Aliens may have saved us from natural disasters, or caused them.

Ancient Aliens The_future_of_emotes_
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

Ancient Aliens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ancient Aliens   Ancient Aliens I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 9:47 am

aliens and bigfoot? Might be the funniest title yet!
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Ancient Aliens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ancient Aliens   Ancient Aliens I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 12:14 pm

Last Friday was actually a really good episode which did some real research into Puma Punku. I liked Chris Dunn's model of it being a large gate.

This Friday's does sound lame after that episode.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

Ancient Aliens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ancient Aliens   Ancient Aliens I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 9:43 pm

My DVR has a mind of it's own and has not recorded the last 3 episodes...damn "insert large corporation name" cable!
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Ancient Aliens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ancient Aliens   Ancient Aliens I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 4:50 pm

The Leonardo Code episode was OK. It didn't have anything really new in it as this subject was covered in the episode about messengers contacting artists.

I enjoyed it, but they didn't even delve into the possible religious conspiracy parts of Leonardo.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Ancient Aliens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ancient Aliens   Ancient Aliens I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 12:14 am

I'm still missing episodes;-(

We are thinking of getting a new DVR. Just driving me Ancient Aliens 2332931851
Back to top Go down
https://preternaturalclub.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Ancient Aliens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ancient Aliens   Ancient Aliens I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 10:09 pm

I managed to catch the time traveler episode. I think I like the romantic notion that aliens come from Mars, rather than US in the future.

But in all seriousness I think I may have found what this gorgeous series lacks per episode- TIME!

By the time they get to the point it's over. I'd love 2 hour episodes filled with more evidence. It feels as condensed as a READERS DIGEST novel. Personally I'd be cool with a few episodes a year that were much longer so you can indulge in the intellect of it.

Thoughts? scratch
Back to top Go down
https://preternaturalclub.forumotion.com
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Ancient Aliens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ancient Aliens   Ancient Aliens I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 10:32 pm

I do think they should spend entire episodes on authors and researchers of the subjects at hand. We could learn so much more from this rather than the usual ten minutes per segment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ancient Aliens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ancient Aliens   Ancient Aliens I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ancient Aliens
Page 1 of 1