A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Are serial killers a result of possession?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

PostSubject: Are serial killers a result of possession?   Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:37 pm

I was watching a program today about a serial killer and one of the photos they showed- he the serial killer resembled a demon. It was said he had a normal life, except that at the age of ten he began hanging out with his rather odd uncle who bragged of having raped and killed in Vietnam. Not long after he began to partake in Devil Whorship. He killed numerous individuals, including elderly women and men and children. He was also involved drugs. It got me wondering if he suffered from true demonic possession after hearing the stories of friends and family members about the fact he was a nice and good kid. At one point it was also mentioned he suffered from epilepsy.

Still mental illness cannot make someone turn into a serial killer. Just makes me take a preternatural perspective on it. And I'm not discounting those sick individuals that just simply had other factors that became a recipe for their insane actions.

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OD
Elder Spirit
Elder Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Are serial killers a result of possession?   Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:57 pm

Evil lurks in the hearts of men.
Who knows what causes the switch to be turned on.... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mercury
God
God

PostSubject: Re: Are serial killers a result of possession?   Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:29 am

One of the books by Brad Steiger on things that go bump in the night has also suggested this. I do believe it is possible, but beware those using it as an excuse to not take responsibility for their crimes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

PostSubject: Re: Are serial killers a result of possession?   Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:44 pm

There are so many factors but when the environment and the whole nature nurture is in tact it does make you wonder is it what some scientists have dubbed the "serial killer gene?". Or is it something more sinister?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mercury
God
God

PostSubject: Re: Are serial killers a result of possession?   Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:47 pm

Most serial killers were very well known contributors to the society. John Wayne Gacy was known as a very friendly man who was a party clown. He also got married while on death row and fathered two daughters.

Ted Bundy was known as a very nice man to all who met him.

I do think something sinister could be responsible too. It is very difficult for the families of these people to comprehend what they did, let alone us.

The above two men were not abused or raised in bad families either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are serial killers a result of possession?   

Back to top Go down

Are serial killers a result of possession?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1