Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

hums across the world and shaking

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

hums across the world and shaking Empty
PostSubject: hums across the world and shaking   hums across the world and shaking I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 8:16 am

Has anyone gotten the chance to read up on the mysterious humming sounds and the earthquake like shaking across the country and apparently the world?

It is baffling scientists as well. Not earthquakes, not shaking caused from drilling or anything I'm thinking maybe shifting of some sort but they say it isn't that either..

makes you wonder drunken
Back to top Go down
OD
Elder Spirit
Elder Spirit
OD

PostSubject: Re: hums across the world and shaking   hums across the world and shaking I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 11:39 am

Are you talking about this or something else?

Wisconsin town plagued by mysterious booming noises

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/21/mysterious-booms-rattle-wisconsin-city/?test=latestnews?test=latestnews

Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: hums across the world and shaking   hums across the world and shaking I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 12:41 pm

the stuff that happened in WI was just a small part of it.

check out this link from Linda Moulton Howe's website

www.earthfiles.com talks about that and other similar accounts.

you can also find it again on Unknowncountry.com
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: hums across the world and shaking   hums across the world and shaking I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 1:43 pm

My brother and his friends drive to the mid section of Indiana and can hear those hums. They don't know where it is coming from and I have heard a variety of explanations.

There are still coal mines and oil fields in use, and I also suspect fracking might be responsible for some.
Back to top Go down
OD
Elder Spirit
Elder Spirit
OD

PostSubject: Re: hums across the world and shaking   hums across the world and shaking I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 7:19 pm

Mercury wrote:
There are still coal mines and oil fields in use, and I also suspect fracking might be responsible for some.

I would say that this is a real probabity.

Small quakes have been blamed on this.

How long before a New Madrin size quake takes place because of this? scratch
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: hums across the world and shaking   hums across the world and shaking I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 8:44 pm

I did hear Ohio legislators are seriously considering some rules about fracking as many quakes were caused by it in the area. The practice is not regulated and there are large pockets under the ground which may be caused to vibrate and hum also.

They pump all kinds of chemicals and gases in the ground to get the natural gas out.

I am going to say the humming is man made, and probably not a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: hums across the world and shaking   hums across the world and shaking I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 9:17 am

Yeah except these in particular were said to NOT BE FRACKING.. so that makes it all the more weird..

I felt the "fracking shake " a bout two months ago from Youngstown...I thought it was the city bus that goes down my busy street.. but wasn't. It was 6.5 level of shaking.. what do you call it a FRack shake? rabbit
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: hums across the world and shaking   hums across the world and shaking I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 1:03 pm

Fracking, oil mining, coal mining and even deep welling for water is probably causing this to happen. They tend to drill until there is nothing left leaving the underground area hollow. Could the vibrations from this be the cause of the mystery hums?
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: hums across the world and shaking   hums across the world and shaking I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 3:34 pm

I saw on Yahoo now they say it is shifting of plates.. I wonder if there is more to it.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: hums across the world and shaking   hums across the world and shaking I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 5:27 pm

The plate do shift and it does cause the main earthquakes, but they are pumping all kinds of things down there without having a geologist look at what they are doing.

It is possible some of the humming could be natural, but they have done some pretty nasty things to our environment we are only finding out about now.

The sad thing is there is a movement to repeal the EPA.
Back to top Go down
OD
Elder Spirit
Elder Spirit
OD

PostSubject: Re: hums across the world and shaking   hums across the world and shaking I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 9:33 pm

USGS: Micro-quake near Wis. city bothered by booms

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_MYSTERIOUS_BOOMS_WISCONSIN?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-03-22-19-36-54

Quote :
The sad thing is there is a movement to repeal the EPA.

The sad thing is they (epa) have brought this on themselves.
They have tried to ban ashma inhalers, stop people from building their homes, ect.

They need to be concerned about industry and not the citizens at large.
Clean up industry and leave the people alone.
You are right Mercury, the (epa) allows all kinds of poison to be pumped back underground.
Yet they will fine and strangle a person with law suites who wants to build their house in Montana.

Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: hums across the world and shaking   hums across the world and shaking I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 4:15 pm

It amazes me the things they have done to this beautiful state of Ohio I live in.. how they ever managed to clean Lake Erie and the Cuyahoga River.. that in itself is amazing.. well clean for the most part.. animals live in it and don't die anymore or have things wrong with them so that is a plus..

I think we are getting better.. now if only parts of Asia could do the same.. I read a report that China pretty much is the biggest air pollution country .. sad.. but kinda understandable.. they have such a great amount of industries there. Talk about a power house!!

cough cough.. pirat hums across the world and shaking 1741538857
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: hums across the world and shaking   hums across the world and shaking I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 5:10 pm

Of all the things they say about President Nixon, he did start up the EPA and the Super Fund to clean up the dirtiest lakes and rivers out there.

I do think we are much better off now than we were in the 1970s, but we can go much further now.

Fossil fuels do nothing but add more carbon than the plants can take care of (were busy cutting down the forests to do this job) and the smoke also pollutes the air. There is no such thing as clean coal, no matter what the mining industry tells us via cute cartoons.

The Koch Brothers want to get rid of the EPA and are funding campaigns to do so.
Back to top Go down
OD
Elder Spirit
Elder Spirit
OD

PostSubject: Re: hums across the world and shaking   hums across the world and shaking I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 8:10 pm

New coal fired plants do clean their emissions.
They scrub out sulfur and CO2.
Some have found this profitable as plant food and additives for road building.
The technology is available to make coal as clean as natural gas.

Yet the EPA continues to let cities along the Potomac River leak sewage, like Washington,DC. affraid

Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: hums across the world and shaking   hums across the world and shaking I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 8:26 am

eeks! affraid
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: hums across the world and shaking   hums across the world and shaking I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 8:55 pm

During work meeting found out fracking is actually called fracting:-)

Jobs in east oh are soaring in shale!
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: hums across the world and shaking   hums across the world and shaking I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 9:02 pm

As long as oil prices remain high, they will get it from shale. But if they drop below $70 a barrel, it can be difficult to make money.

Fracting or Fracking is a money maker for Big Oil and Gas and it is the cheapest way to get it out of the ground.

I just remember some of those communities that were closed in the 1970s and people forced to move because of toxic waste. (Love Canal is one of them.)
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: hums across the world and shaking   hums across the world and shaking I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 7:53 am

We had a long allstaff meeting for those of us in northeast oh (8 hrs long might I add Sleep ) and one of the guys discussed the benefits and some of the things you hear in the media about the do's and don'ts and at first I was wondering what it had to do with jobs because he was giving this long scientific speech until he explained that Youngstown especially can use the jobs they opened a plant (location I don't recall now) million square feet hiring 400 people to run it. The fracting has to do with Fracturing the rock according to "Neil" the guy giving the long talk. It was interesting but I was tired too so that gave me the attention span of a small child. Smile

Other than that hopefully they do get some jobs in that area!
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: hums across the world and shaking   hums across the world and shaking I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 2:26 pm

I would of asked him about the chemicals they use to pump into the ground to retrieve the gas. I know it is wonderful for jobs, but having to move people out of a whole town because is is contaminated for the next hundred years kind of takes away from it all.

We have to find green energies that rely less on the old way of getting them. Solar, wind, geothermal are a few to name. If they finally are able to recycle nuclear waste to use over and over again, I am for getting that up and running.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: hums across the world and shaking   hums across the world and shaking I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 9:20 am

I believe he kinda addressed it when he was talking about contractors that do not do it ethically or people that are just out to make money. They don't follow the guidelines. He mentioned when it is done correctly it does not pump the chemical into the earth. He passed out a diagram of how it worked and part of it was a little above my head, because I don't have a general understanding of how they are able to do the drilling so deep. It is kinda neat in a way because the machines they use are not large sometimes but they do such a huge job. I don't believe that they mentioned the pumping as much he did sort of skim over the pumping of chemicals -back in! He was mainly addressing the concerns for the lakes in that area that people use and are also the same areas where they have recreational activities. It was a growing concern he explained it wasn't what "we" think. He did give a website:

HTTP://OOGA.ORG

Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: hums across the world and shaking   hums across the world and shaking I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 2:56 pm

It only takes a few bad apples to ruin it for everyone else. I do hope they crack down on those operations which try to take the money and run on these projects. It can take decades to clean up the messes created by others.

Thank you for the site as I will be reading up about the safe ways to extract natural gas.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: hums across the world and shaking   hums across the world and shaking I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 2:43 pm

Methane!? Laughing

I got a chance to browse the site and it's not so bad. I am in complete agreement JOBS FIRST mainly because the area of OH most effected by it is the Youngstown area. It's kinda like the Gary of OH(as in Gary IN)
Back to top Go down
https://preternaturalclub.forumotion.com
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: hums across the world and shaking   hums across the world and shaking I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 4:48 pm

I hear you about the jobs that are needed and I also hope they can do both create jobs and have a clean place to live.

I also started thinking about methane gas and the 12 year old inside of me was going to write all kinds of fart jokes but I restrained myself.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: hums across the world and shaking   hums across the world and shaking I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 12:08 am

At least you have a 12 year old inside of you mine is more like a 6 year old;-)
Back to top Go down
https://preternaturalclub.forumotion.com
OD
Elder Spirit
Elder Spirit
OD

PostSubject: Re: hums across the world and shaking   hums across the world and shaking I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 9:05 pm

Please remember that methane is a "Greenhouse Gas".
Not good for the atmosphere.

In the town next to me, a rip off accured by building an Ethynol Plant.
Millions were spent for construction and investment.
It was started up, had a bad leak, shut down and closed.
The company went belly up. All the jobs lost, plus investment money,
tax breaks and grants, all vanished.
The farmers that had been contracted with for corn got most of their money.
The community at large was ripped off.
The law suites will go on for years and years.
The only ones to profit from this will be the LAWYERS.

Many think it was set up this way.
That there was never any intent to operate the plant.
Just get the grant money.

Much the same as Solindra.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hums across the world and shaking   hums across the world and shaking I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hums across the world and shaking
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next