Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

For the Love of All Things ABBA

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

For the Love of All Things ABBA Empty
PostSubject: For the Love of All Things ABBA   For the Love of All Things ABBA I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 3:57 pm

I was at the store today and heard ABBA in the background with one of their songs "Fernando". I have always loved this group since I first heard them in the 1970s.

It is interesting how all these other names get mentioned and everyone seems to forget ABBA is still one of the largest selling bands of all time. They still sell their greatest hits CDs and are constantly heard all over the place.

The movie "Mamma Mia" made over $600 million world wide (a number usually reserved for the blockbuster) and is one of my favorites. The movie is just a pure joy to watch as the entire cast is enjoying themselves. They also sing their own versions of the songs which I found charming.

Chiquitita:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVnMDYSaYA4
(All other versions had the ending chopped off)

Dancing Queen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVnMDYSaYA4

Take a Chance On Me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-crgQGdpZR0

ABBA channel on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/abba?ob=4&feature=results_main

There are so many hits of theirs to post I won't have much more room.

The interesting thing is the group started off as millionaire businessmen and did this for the love of music.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: For the Love of All Things ABBA   For the Love of All Things ABBA I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 4:11 pm

What ever happened to them? I do love them. I have their music somewhere in my vast collection.. For the Love of All Things ABBA 1187761190
Back to top Go down
https://preternaturalclub.forumotion.com
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: For the Love of All Things ABBA   For the Love of All Things ABBA I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 7:37 pm

They still are around but don't do tours. They own all of their music and release new CDs of concerts along with anniversaries.

They retired from the music scene officially in the 1980s but will make special appearances. They did do enough songs to last a lifetime.

There was a teen group called A*Teens which covered the work of ABBA. It was successful for the first album but the novelty wore off quickly.

I hear there is possibly going to be a Mamma Mia 2, but it is up to Meryl Streep and her schedule. (There are enough songs not in the first one to go into the second movie.)

Last edited by Mercury on Fri May 04, 2012 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected A*Teens)
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: For the Love of All Things ABBA   For the Love of All Things ABBA I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 9:37 am

I never could get into Mamma Mia though, I like some musicals but for me I get bored quickly. I do enjoy Smash on NBC though.. but mainly because it is kinda like a soap opera. affraid
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: For the Love of All Things ABBA   For the Love of All Things ABBA I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 12:51 pm

I do love Meryl Streep and could watch her reading a phone book.

I have not seen Smash but am going to try it out as I also love Angelica Huston.

I guess Mamma Mia is not for everyone as there are people on IMDB calling it the worst movie ever made. Then again, some say that about Casablanca.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: For the Love of All Things ABBA   For the Love of All Things ABBA I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 1:24 pm

I don't often go with what IMDB says as most that tend to post there are "like soo in highschool dude.." but every now and then a few will say stuff I respect.

My boyfriend looks up every movie before we rent it to see if we should pay for it.. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For the Love of All Things ABBA   For the Love of All Things ABBA I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For the Love of All Things ABBA
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Preternatural Research Society :: Entertain Us-
Jump to: