Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Favorite Goddesses

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

My Favorite Goddesses Empty
PostSubject: My Favorite Goddesses   My Favorite Goddesses I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 11:16 pm

I started a thread on my favorite Gods, now I am writing one on my favorite Goddesses.

Isis: She started out in Egypt and became popular in Greece and Roma. Isis may have started out as the ancient Goddess Hathor since she is also associated with the Moon and cows are sacred to her. A very beautiful Mother Goddess, she has always been an inspiration to me. Isis is a Sun Goddess also and is identified with Ishtar and other Middle Eastern Goddesses.

Diana/Artemis: Another Moon Goddess and protector of witches,Diana is also a nature Goddess. She is identified sometimes with Hekate (Hecate) and I look at them as one in the same (she is part of a triple Goddess). She is also very beautiful and is also a part of our wild side.

Selene/Luna: The Moon Goddess herself, she has been identified with Diana, but some state she is different. I look at her as the nighttime Goddess who protects us from the bad spirits out there while we sleep. The image I use is of Selene with the Moon.

Iris: She is a rainbow Goddess and is a youthful sprite in spirit. She represents the woods and nature in its beauty. She is also a messenger and is a harbinger for good.

Minerva: A knowledge Goddess, she is identified as Sophia and Athena. She also is a water Goddess and is seen by the Celts as representing the Lady of the Lake.

Ceres: She is an agriculture Goddess of corn and grain. She is the reason there are seasons as her daughter Kore (Persephone) lives in the Underwold for half a year. I am planning a garden, and it will be grown for Ceres (who is known as Kar and also Demeter). She is also known as a Mother Goddess and is referred to as Mother Nature in modern times.

Gaea: Of course I would have a heart for Mother Earth Herself.

Kybele is a very ancient Mother Goddess if not one of the first deities worshiped in antiquity. She holds a special place and is a protector and another version of Mother Earth also.

Bastet: A cat Goddess and someone who is fun to be with. My cats are Bastets in my eyes and are spoiled too.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Goddesses   My Favorite Goddesses I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 12:54 pm

here is a website for you.. I have the Sea Goddess..

http://www.mythicimages.net/catalog.cgi
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Goddesses   My Favorite Goddesses I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 9:49 pm

Thank you for that site. Right now I have a small Winged Isis and a Bastet statue. I am going to get a Green Man to hang on my wall and would love for a few Goddess statues to be in my proposed garden.

I also need to decorate my room, and Goddess art will be nice once I get my bookshelves done.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Goddesses   My Favorite Goddesses I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 10:17 pm

Decorating is fun as I type this my other half is re-doing our bathroom:-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Goddesses   My Favorite Goddesses I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Favorite Goddesses
Page 1 of 1