Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Diner's Club (1 of 2)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

The Diner's Club (1 of 2) Empty
PostSubject: The Diner's Club (1 of 2)   The Diner's Club (1 of 2) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:33 am

cool! I like it. sunny

Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: The Diner's Club (1 of 2)   The Diner's Club (1 of 2) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 9:50 am

Don't force yourself to write it too fast. The creative practice takes time to develop.

I wrote a book for ten years that I have not edited yet. It is nothing supernatural but funny. Dark dark comedy. Probably mildly offensive to some people.. only because it in a sense makes fun of the actions of some people in my life. I figure if you don't write about it you cannot heal from it.

There is a lovely woman on Twitter that I follow here and there (only because we both follow the Vampire Diaries peeps)

but she wrote a book entiled Marriages and Miscarriages on LULU and the book was doing fantastic but before that never had really been inspired till she had the sad personal experience of having miscarried.

I tend to write about bands. Music is my main love above everything else. It is what makes me happy, sad, without it I sometimes wonder if I would have any feeling at all. Razz

But keep on keepin on!!

Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: The Diner's Club (1 of 2)   The Diner's Club (1 of 2) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 2:30 pm

Janice drove the car down the winding road through the desert. It was dark outside and she had no idea what time it was. She saw a car parked on the side of the road with no one in it a mile down the road. Now she passed a man wearing a military uniform walking toward a small intersection. Janice figured he must be the owner of the car as no one else was on the road at this time. She stopped and offered the man a ride.

"Thank you for the lift, Ma'am. There is a diner a mile down the road I was headed to called Tom and Edna's Place. My name is Ike and I obviously am in the army." As Ike reached his hand across to shake Janice's hand, he noticed a gun inside of her purse. Janice quickly covered it up and shook the hand with a nervous smile. "My name is Janice and I needed to get out for a long drive. Things are not going smoothly at the homestead. I see by the oak leaf clusters you are a major. My husband was in the air force for a short time before we met."

"Actually, I am a lieutenant colonel as they are silver oak leaf clusters. I also needed to get out of the house as I have been having troubles with the wife as well. She wants a divorce and I keep hoping we can work things out. I do a lot of assignments which take me away from home for long periods of time. I think it has taken its toll on her as she wants to start a family and I don't." The two then sat silently until they reached the diner which had the open light lit up outside. When they walked up to the door they saw it was locked. Ike saw Tom the owner cleaning up the place when he knocked on the door.

"Can't you see we are closed? I ran out of food so you will have to go elsewhere." Ike tapped on the window again to get Tom's attention. "Tom, it's me, Ike. All I want is a cup of coffee and to use your phone to get a tow truck as my car broke down. I guess I should just buy a new one, but my money gets spent like there is no tomorrow." Tom looked out and saw it was his friend Ike. He opened the door and let them both in to get some coffee.

"The old land line phone is over there. They are supposed to put up a cellphone tower around here but it keeps getting put off as no one drives here anymore. I haven't rented out a motel room in nearly a year. I only sell gas on one pump because we just don't get too many customers. I also don't buy much food as it tends to go bad. The small trailer park near the expressway also has few people living there. I want to sell, but my wife wants to keep this place going." Tom went back into the storage room as Janice sat down at the counter. She looked at her cellphone and saw there were no messages on it.

"I called up the auto service and they told me it won't be until tomorrow morning as the nearest place is almost a hundred miles away from here. I guess the old garage finally closed down. Tom, I might have to rent out a room from you." Tom peaked out of the storage room and winked at Ike. "I can see you also have a guest with you, Ike." Ike didn't think the joke was funny and was about to tell that to Tom. Then he realized Tom just didn't have that much to laugh about these days.

"I killed my husband." Janice just sat there quietly after she softly made her confession. "I found out he had been cheating on me after nearly 30 years of marriage. It wasn't the first time which made me even madder. He finally wanted to end the charade of a marriage we had according to him. I took his gun and pointed it at him. He just laughed until I pulled the trigger and then he stared at me with a look of shock on his face. I had to wait until later to get his body into the trunk of the car. The body was very heavy and I needed to use a dolly in the garage to move it. I now need a place to bury him and wondered if you could help." Ike didn't look to surprised as he did see the gun and saw how nervous Janice had been acting.

"I just killed my wife as well. She had wanted a divorce and was going to get over half of my retirement pay. She also cleaned out all of my savings accounts and told me she hid the money. I put some poison in her tea after agreeing to her terms. I was on my way for some coffee after leaving her body out there for the animals to get at. I can help you find a spot as they will leave nothing left in less than a week." Tom had been sitting there listening to the both of them confess what they did.

"I have been cleaning up this place after I killed Edna because she just won't sell this dump. I forged her signature on a title transfer and bill of sale. Edna would probably send me to jail once she found out. I have been working all my life at this joint and bought it from my father. After Edna and I were married, I put her name on the deeds and changed the name to reflect our naivety at the time. We were going to fix this place up and turn it all around. But that never happened as we had less and less customers showing up. Most people go west to the city and use the expressway. Even Ike doesn't come here as often as he used to." Tom then drank down the coffee he poured for himself and told Ike he could just stay at the house.

"I haven't cleaned those motel rooms in over a year, Ike. The last guest we had was one of my relatives and they didn't pay. I can't remember the last paying guest." Ike agreed and Janice asked if she could stay the night as well. "I have to make it look like I am on a small trip alone. I will call up my husband's office and leave a message for him as an alibi. I guess we can all help each other in matters such as those." The three of them went to the house as Janice was shown a guest bedroom. Ike stayed on the couch and Tom headed toward his bedroom.

The sun was starting to peek through the mountains in the background. Tom saw Janice and Ike were already up and getting ready to take care of the body in the trunk. "There is a place where I took Edna that is a good one. You can drop off your corpse and then head back here for breakfast." The two left as Tom headed to the diner to open the place up for one last time.

An hour passed and a man walked into the diner as Ike and Janice were just pulling up. The man had on a nice suit and smiled as he saw Tom. Tom gestured for Ike and Janice to come sit down with them. "My wife Edna is here with a family friend Ike. She has been very busy thinking about what we are going to do next." The man then handed Tom a cashier's check and took all the signed documents from him. "Mr Dawson, what are you going to do with this place?"

"My client is going to bulldoze this entire lot and the trailer park you also sold him. What he plans on building is something I don't know. I just orchestrated the sale and collect my fee. I take it you notified the residents of the trailer park they would be moving out within the month." Tom nodded as he kissed the check. "They are stubborn, but half of those trailers are abandoned. Shut the electricity off and they will get the message."

"Well, if you didn't tell them, I guess the sheriff will have a fun weekend ahead of him." The man in the nice suit left the place and got into his car. Tom then started to leave as he was going to deposit the check. "Aren't you going to need your wife to be present when you go to the bank?" Tom looked at Janice after he forged his wife's signature on the check.

"No, I am only depositing the check so they don't need her present. I have been signing her name for so many things they won't know the difference. I don't plan on marrying again so I won't have to take her name off the account. Either one of us could withdraw money without the other having to sign for it." Tom then got into his car and left the building which was still open. Ike was driven by Janice to where his car was sitting. "You didn't call the tow truck service, did you?"

"No, I left a message on my answering machine for the wife. I also figured it could be an alibi. I plan on abandoning this car and buying a new one. Care to help me find the money my wife hid? I will give you half of it." Janice smiled as she drove with her new friend down the road. "Let's get rid of that gun of yours as well, Janice. No need for anything to be linked back to you."

Last edited by Mercury on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: The Diner's Club (1 of 2)   The Diner's Club (1 of 2) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 2:33 pm

This is a story that is based on a Night Gallery episode about a group of people who are at a diner in the desert. It turns out they are characters of a writer who has writer's block.

I always wondered who those characters were and what their stories were.

Part 2 delves into a bit of their backgrounds and where they are headed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Diner's Club (1 of 2)   The Diner's Club (1 of 2) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Diner's Club (1 of 2)
Page 1 of 1