Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Prisoner of Fate

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Prisoner of Fate Empty
PostSubject: Prisoner of Fate   Prisoner of Fate I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 4:51 pm

Teen boys steal the car at the mall

Theft of property grand larceny

Sent to juvie hall for remainder of their youth

Stuck in a small cell with others caged like animals

Treated as scum of the Earth, beaten by guards

Raped by others, spirit dies along with humanity

Hardened by a system meant to reform

Turned from innocents to world weary

Out on the streets and ready to re-offend

Only 18 and a boy inside a man's body

Back in the system to never be free

Who will love my Prisoner of Fate?

Last edited by Mercury on Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

Prisoner of Fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Fate   Prisoner of Fate I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 4:18 pm

I have a cousin that for the first time in his life is in a Federal Prison. He is a year younger than me and was always good for the most part, then we found out he was really important in the Drug world.. who knew!!!

But instead of 25 to life he got 2 years
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Prisoner of Fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Fate   Prisoner of Fate I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 4:22 pm

This is a homage to those who are in prisons and have been forgotten about. The USA has more prisoners than any other country in the world. It is a sad state, and it is the poor who suffer.

I also knew a few boys who had been sent to prison. I visited them often to tell them they could stay with me after they got out so they could stay away from the system. Not enough people do that and it is a revolving door.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Prisoner of Fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Fate   Prisoner of Fate I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 6:29 pm

That's really sweet. It's a sad thing. Theres a federal Bonding program that helps them too.
Back to top Go down
https://preternaturalclub.forumotion.com
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Prisoner of Fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Fate   Prisoner of Fate I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 8:41 pm

Admin wrote:
That's really sweet. It's a sad thing. Theres a federal Bonding program that helps them too.

This comment inspired my brief poem about politicians.

It seems all the programs out there for convicted felons and juvenile offenders are on the chopping block. Take away from those who have no say.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Prisoner of Fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Fate   Prisoner of Fate I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 8:01 am

In my office we have a woman that does it and is the only one. It is interesting to sit with her and the people. I don't believe everyone is bad that served time. I deal with ex offenders on a daily basis. Mainly it is drugs that get people in trouble. I haven't seen too many murderers and that kind of violation. Or sexual offenders - not too many. But in a sense people are people and everyone makes mistakes. Some actually do learn from them.. some..
Back to top Go down
https://preternaturalclub.forumotion.com
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Prisoner of Fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Fate   Prisoner of Fate I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 5:28 pm

In my case it was abandonment, physical and/or sexual abuse as a younger boy that was the root cause of their problems. The places they grew up in had few ways to deal with what they had been through. One of the boys at age 14 was told he had to go back to his father. He started crying and the look on his face showed me something terrible was going. He never told the staff about it but eventually confided in me.

They don't trust many adults at that age and it follows with them to young adulthood. I tried to think outside of the box to help them out whenever I could.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Prisoner of Fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prisoner of Fate   Prisoner of Fate I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prisoner of Fate
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Preternatural Research Society :: Writer's Corner :: Midnight Poetry Tribute-
Jump to: