Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Nine Worlds of Norse Mythology

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

The Nine Worlds of Norse Mythology Empty
PostSubject: The Nine Worlds of Norse Mythology   The Nine Worlds of Norse Mythology I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 4:40 pm

With the movie The Avengers making over $1 billion world wide, I started thinking about Norse Mythology and the nine realms or worlds associated with it:

Ásgarðr, world of the Æsir.
Vanaheimr, world of the Vanir.
Álfheimr, world of the Álfar (Elves).
Miðgarðr, world of humans.
Jötunheimr, world of the Jötnar (Giants).
Niðavellir, world of the Dvergar (Dwarfs).
Múspell, world of fire and the Fire Jötnar.
Niflhel, world of ice and mist, into which the wicked dead are cast.
Hel, world of the inglorious dead, located within Niflhel/Niflheimr and ruled over by the giantess Hel.

The worlds of the elves, giants and dwarfs do sound like they could be extraterrestrials from some of the encounters out there. I think this has all been explored before, but I do wonder if any of these places could also be real locations on our own planet. The world of ice known as Niflhel could be Greenland (or memories of the last Ice Age); the land of fire could be Hawaii. I do know the Norse were very seaworthy and could of made it to the Pacific Ocean.

I am going to say the worlds of the beings listed are extraterrestrial, and the others can be found on Earth.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Nine Worlds of Norse Mythology   The Nine Worlds of Norse Mythology I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 7:59 am

Personally I do not think elves and fairies and things are of "alien origin" I think that they have faded because in a sense we can create our own universe with our minds. When we as a human race stopped believing - the magic fades.

I choose ( i say this not to sound like a crack pot) to believe in Faeries. =0)
Back to top Go down
https://preternaturalclub.forumotion.com
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: The Nine Worlds of Norse Mythology   The Nine Worlds of Norse Mythology I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 5:17 pm

Admin wrote:
Personally I do not think elves and fairies and things are of "alien origin" I think that they have faded because in a sense we can create our own universe with our minds. When we as a human race stopped believing - the magic fades.

I choose ( i say this not to sound like a crack pot) to believe in Faeries. =0)

That is an ongoing theme of my stories: People stopped believing in magic.

I do think they could be true mystical realms also. There are many in the AAT field who would look at all of the fantastic lands and state it is ET.

Colin Wilson actually wrote about several of his friends seeing faeries. He said they were highly placed citizens who were not ones to make things like that up.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Nine Worlds of Norse Mythology   The Nine Worlds of Norse Mythology I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 9:27 am

my late father saw something once but tacked it up to medication he was on.. i don't think he was hallucinating that bad! He was a child of the 60's and had a pretty high tolerance. tongue
Back to top Go down
https://preternaturalclub.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Nine Worlds of Norse Mythology   The Nine Worlds of Norse Mythology I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Nine Worlds of Norse Mythology
Page 1 of 1