Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Purple Glowing Blob (True life incident)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Purple Glowing Blob (True life incident) Empty
PostSubject: Purple Glowing Blob (True life incident)   Purple Glowing Blob (True life incident) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 9:45 pm

I remember reading about a blob with a purple glow to it coming out of a meteor. This was in one of Frank Edwards' books. (For those unfamiliar, Mr Edwards wrote about all things fantastic in the 1950s and 1960s. His paperback books were available everywhere and can be found in many garage sales.)

I made the mistake of reading this when I was young and it terrified me. I also thought of the 1950s classic movie "The Blob".

A farmer had seen a meteorite fall and when he looked at the crater he saw the purple blob which was glowing. It looked alive, and he did not touch it but informed the sheriff. I don't know what became of the blob itself, but the story was short and sweet.

It also happened at night, which is when most of these scary incidents happen.

If I remember the name of the book it is in I will post it. Mr Edwards wrote many books and I cannot remember which one this incident is in.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: Purple Glowing Blob (True life incident)   Purple Glowing Blob (True life incident) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 10:23 pm

I remember reading a paperback book by an author I cannot remember when I was ten. It could be the same author. The one I had had twenty tales about aliens and weird occurrences. Strange but true. It was also a childrens book.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: Purple Glowing Blob (True life incident)   Purple Glowing Blob (True life incident) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 10:30 pm

Frank Edwards wrote many books (about 100 or so) on these subjects. I do think he wrote some children's books as I do remember reading a few in his style when I was much younger.

They could be a subject for your book club as he delved in all things Fortean.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: Purple Glowing Blob (True life incident)   Purple Glowing Blob (True life incident) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 10:36 pm

Very true. Thank you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Purple Glowing Blob (True life incident)   Purple Glowing Blob (True life incident) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Purple Glowing Blob (True life incident)
Page 1 of 1