Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bible and beliefs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Bible and beliefs Empty
PostSubject: Bible and beliefs   Bible and beliefs I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 3:03 pm

I grew up a Freewill Baptist. I sang in the church choir, i went to sunday school and even went to Wednesday evening church growing up.

Yet there was something I was always curious about and it made me start thinking deeper, questioning everything. I believe in God. I believe in a male god and a female god. I believe they are one. I believe in Jesus and I believe in Lucifer. I believe in all of it. I believe it is in one form or another the same, yet one thing I have to wonder is about the Devil's place in all of this.

I will refer to him as such because that is what I was taught through fire and brimstone.

I read something recently and it got me thinking. Some one wrote in a blog on yahoo recently in a religion section that they believed the Devil was God and the God in the old testament so to speak all the anger and killing and flooding the fires, all of it was in fact the "evil god." That the roles are actually reversed.

That Lucifer begged Christ to abandon God because he was killing babies in Babylon. That lucifer - bringer of light was cast out of heaven because he would not comply with killing the innocent.

I find this very hard to swallow and the writer did not cite his source. I don't remember that in the bible (been a while)

So what if it were true? Even writing these words I feel a strange chill..

Just off beat topic for an off beat kinda intellect today.. thoughts???

I respect the bible and believe it has a ton of good messages. I didn't grow up under a stone- even though I believe now more in God being in nature and do good to others etc. So don't take me for a evil doer.. \

But it makes me think..
Back to top Go down
https://preternaturalclub.forumotion.com
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Bible and beliefs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bible and beliefs   Bible and beliefs I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 8:36 pm

The original God of the Bible was based on a Babylonian Mountain God. He was not a Being of pure Light. The name Lucifer itself means light and Bringer of Light. Lucifer was never evil and only made to be evil by the Christians.

I do think there is evil, but it is a human force. I also believe there are demons or succubi who feed off of fear and anger.

The idea of a Supreme Being of Light is an ancient Egyptian one.

What you have written is not a scary idea at all. There are many Biblical scholars who agree with you on that one.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Bible and beliefs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bible and beliefs   Bible and beliefs I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 10:22 pm

I'm currently re-reading the Book of Enoch and I'm moving on to Hostage to the Devil, by Malichi Martin - then book club book:-)

I think it's a very scary idea if correct just think of the mass manipulation over the years. I definitely think it would be a good cop out if there is a true darkness controlling us. Killers and thieves would finally have an excuse.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Bible and beliefs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bible and beliefs   Bible and beliefs I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 12:41 am

In some cases Lucifer is referred to as a Son of God. The Cathars also believed the physical world was ruled by an evil God.

I do think it is a bit more complicated than that, but it should not surprise anyone that certain good Deities were demonized to make way for Christianity.

I will look for those books as they sound interesting.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Bible and beliefs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bible and beliefs   Bible and beliefs I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 8:01 am

Malachi Martin was a huge fixture in the early days of coast to coast am the way G. Tsoukalos is now or at halloween they will invite the unsavories for shock value and ratings.. (Winter (john) Laake comes to mind..)
Back to top Go down
goodwitch
Vampire Slayer
Vampire Slayer
goodwitch

Bible and beliefs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bible and beliefs   Bible and beliefs I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 11:54 pm

The Mormons teach that before we are born into this world, we are all angels in heaven, and that Lucifer and Jesus were angels in heaven when God decided to send a son to earth to win the souls of us earthlings. Lucifer told God to send him and he would get every single soul on earth to heaven by force. Jesus told God to send him and he would allow each of us to choose God for ourselves. Battle/War ensues and Lucifer is cast out for his proposal to deny us humans free will. They also hold that each of us were there and fought in this battle. However, when we are born a veil is drawn across our memories so that we know nothing of our previous life as an angel in heaven.

Anyway, I think that's how it goes. It's been a while since I sat in my CTR (Choose the Right) Sunday School class so I may have oversimplified or gotten it wrong. But still, interesting to think about...war in heaven...

But Mercury is right, many dieties have been demonized to make way for Christianity (especially the female ones). Just look at what the Pentogram (wrongly) represents in the eyes of so many people. So it's not just the dieties, but their followers and symbols that have been "reassigned" to evil.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Bible and beliefs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bible and beliefs   Bible and beliefs I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 8:24 am

Yes that I do know of. Religon studies in school in college and not to mention English classes filled with loads of symbolism.

I always thought it was interesting in regards to symbols as well. The pentagram for instance is regarded by most "christians" as being "Evil" when all it means is a representation of the five elements, in satanistic religions it is the representation of subcomming to ones' own carnal desires.

To get back to the topic at hand I just found it rather interesting..given the world could be going backwards. If you listen to the interviews with Mr. Laake and Mr. Wells (in physical meeting section) they sort of delve into that thinking.

It is a subject that interests me very much. Probably why I read so much about it. Especially when you realize it isn't that scary after you read the history of religions and doctrine. You sort of realize everything is everything and everything is everything..
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Bible and beliefs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bible and beliefs   Bible and beliefs I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 3:48 pm

After one dies in Mormonism they get their own planet to rule as a godlike being. That sounds like fun, but the mainstream Christians won't have none of that.

Lucifer is now the bad guy in most religions even though Lucifer means "light" and does not mean a Deity or person. Lucifer was a title given to many Deities who represented light or magic including Diana Lucifer. Since Lucifer, Diana and Paganism teach other ways of knowledge and getting into the Afterlife, they had to go.

The Church must control all aspects of spirituality to get their tithe. If one does this on their own, the Church doesn't get a cut. It also is about control.

The Cathars also believed this world was evil and so was the physical aspects of God. Look where it got them: "Kill them all and let God sort it out" became a part of our lexicon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bible and beliefs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bible and beliefs   Bible and beliefs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bible and beliefs
Page 1 of 1