Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is Avalon located in the Americas?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Is Avalon located in the Americas? Empty
PostSubject: Is Avalon located in the Americas?   Is Avalon located in the Americas? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 9:03 pm

That is the question looked at by researcher Graham Phillips from the UK. He has written many books on the subjects of King Arthur and the Knights Templar. He also has done much research and has concluded some very ancient ruins built in New England were done by the Celts at the time of Arthur (the 5th to 7th Century).

I always thought Avalon was mythical or an idea of what a place should be. I never thought about it being a real place, and if it was in the Americas, then it would of been an Eden like place for those who went there. The natives were not hostile at the time, and there was plenty of bounty to be had.

What do others think of this idea?
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: Is Avalon located in the Americas?   Is Avalon located in the Americas? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 10:31 am

I think it is a very interesting thought. I do not know enough about it to really comment but I do enjoy the stories of Avalon, Merlin, King Arthur. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: Is Avalon located in the Americas?   Is Avalon located in the Americas? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 10:16 pm

I just saw the movie "The Eagle" which is about a Roman commander traveling past Hadrian's Wall to retrieve a symbol of his family. Some very good music in it and a good look at how the Picts lived. This was before the time of Merlin and Arthur, but I do think they were capable of traveling to the Americas back then.

Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: Is Avalon located in the Americas?   Is Avalon located in the Americas? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:06 am

I saw that too. I was glad the way it ended. I was starting to get depressed for him.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: Is Avalon located in the Americas?   Is Avalon located in the Americas? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 7:29 pm

The TV show America Unearthed has many episodes that deal with early Europeans arriving on American shores long before Columbus. I do think some of the people returning from those trips spoke of a great land that was filled with trees, large lakes and navigable rivers. This is possibly where Avalon and the myths around it were derived from.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is Avalon located in the Americas?   Is Avalon located in the Americas? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 9:26 am

It makes me also wonder about the ancient alien theories too. If you came from another country - natives thought the people from the ships were gods. While I respect most of the AA theories I think some of them are misrepresented too. I find it fascinating that there are still tribes in the world that have never seen technology.

Back to top Go down
https://preternaturalclub.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Avalon located in the Americas?   Is Avalon located in the Americas? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is Avalon located in the Americas?
Page 1 of 1