Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Critique for all the Budding UFO Researchers and Authors out there

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

A Critique for all the Budding UFO Researchers and Authors out there Empty
PostSubject: A Critique for all the Budding UFO Researchers and Authors out there   A Critique for all the Budding UFO Researchers and Authors out there I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 3:30 pm

I have read many UFO books on the subject and there is one major complaint on some of those books. You have written them for your base of people who believe we are being visited. This presents a large problem as you are preaching to the choir as they say.

I know you want to make a nice living writing these books and there is nothing wrong with that. However, when it comes to the ones who are just getting interested in the subject, these books tend to have glowing errors in them. One book I read speaks glowingly of Ed Walters and the Gulf Breeze photographs. Some serious researchers have found many flaws in that case and there has been one young man who came forward to state he helped hoax the pictures.

Did the UFO researchers look into this claim without bias to see if it was true? No, they immediately and viciously attacked the boy and called him a liar. They also claimed the model found was set up by a disinformation agent. When reading the actual way the model was found, those accusations seem quite puzzling and shine more light on ufology than the claim of the photos being hoaxed.

Yet, this case is still used to show the evidence for UFOs as possible ET craft. If one is going to believe this subject without looking into it that is fine. But there are going to be many who will find out about the problems with Ed Walters and then question other aspects of ufology and the commitment to really finding out the truth.

There are going to be many cases which will have an earthy explanation or will even be a hoax. However, there are many great unexplained cases out there which come from impeccable witnesses. I think it is the duty of the authors and researchers to start writing these books thinking their buyers are skeptics and debunkers. Challenge yourselves to find the best cases and the reasons why ufology should be taken seriously.

Otherwise, it will remain the laughing stock it is in the scientific community and rightly so.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Critique for all the Budding UFO Researchers and Authors out there   A Critique for all the Budding UFO Researchers and Authors out there I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 12:16 pm

I agree.. I feel the same about Billy Meiers
Back to top Go down
https://preternaturalclub.forumotion.com
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: A Critique for all the Budding UFO Researchers and Authors out there   A Critique for all the Budding UFO Researchers and Authors out there I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 2:44 pm

The past few new books on UFOs and ufology have all been the same lately. They have nothing new to offer and rehash many of the same cases. Many include Ed Walters and other weak cases which will turn someone who is trying to find out what is going on off to ufology.

Unfortunately, there is a growing movement in ufology to accept ALL cases out there as the truth. They want all the researchers to do a kumbaya moment where everyone in ufology gets along.

On the other hand, I have been reading many very good books on Atlantis and ideas about what it could be. Very solid research not based on speculation or Edgar Cayce's "psychic" visions.

Maybe there should be a ufology vetting group which looks at all the evidence on a case and gives it a grade. Something would be better than what is passed off for ufology now.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Critique for all the Budding UFO Researchers and Authors out there   A Critique for all the Budding UFO Researchers and Authors out there I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 8:26 am

How is the show Chasing Ufos? I have not seen it yet and was wondering if you had and if so what you thought
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: A Critique for all the Budding UFO Researchers and Authors out there   A Critique for all the Budding UFO Researchers and Authors out there I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 2:26 pm

Kevin Randle actually reviewed it since they did Roswell. He said they are going over stuff that has been done before and acting like it is new.

I haven't seen it, but probably will catch a marathon when they do one. (Those shows all do marathons over the weekends.)

I will admit I enjoy those types of shows, even if they are rather poorly done. There are always a few episodes that are very well done and a viewer can actually learn something new.

The younger researchers want the older or "geezer" researchers to make way for them. They complain the older ones have done nothing to figure out what is going on.

And yet these younger researchers are writing crap books going over the same cases and bringing up hoax cases as something that needs to be looked into. They also are against any negative opinions about cases and that all researchers should embrace each case as the real deal. This is a bad idea and judging from some of those books I read will take ufology back a giant step.

On the brighter spot, it seems researchers are actually delving into the pyramids and the Sphinx with a scientific mind toward the questions with rather fascinating results. They are looking at the older research and adding new dimensions to it.

Maybe that is what ufology needs: Researchers to look and respect what the older researchers did and have a open minded scientific mind look at it. The pyramids have geologists and even archeologists looking at these ideas, why not have an astronomer do the same with ufology?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Critique for all the Budding UFO Researchers and Authors out there   A Critique for all the Budding UFO Researchers and Authors out there I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 4:16 pm

Because that involves common sense..

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Critique for all the Budding UFO Researchers and Authors out there   A Critique for all the Budding UFO Researchers and Authors out there I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Critique for all the Budding UFO Researchers and Authors out there
Page 1 of 1