Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Compromise of emails

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Compromise of emails Empty
PostSubject: Compromise of emails   Compromise of emails I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 7:13 pm

Zappos has been compromised by some hackers and I am one of the 24 million customers who might of been affected. I have changed my password and use a different email now, but it sucks to have to change my information.

I don't know if the hackers intend to try and get information about bank accounts from this, but I don't trust them.

I just wish they put their resources and energies to more positive uses.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: Compromise of emails   Compromise of emails I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 10:47 am

If you are worried about such things any of the 3 main credit info companies such as equifax (sp)

will put a 90 day fruad alert on your social for you.

I had to do it a while back and it was a very easy process.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: Compromise of emails   Compromise of emails I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 10:44 pm

I was more upset that someone would send bogus emails using my account. They didn't have access to my bank card information as I leave it blank after using it.

I just don't want Mom or someone to open up a bad link or get some virus due to this security breach.

I have given a different email account that I don't use for business purposes, and have notified everyone of it. More of a pain in the rear than anything else.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: Compromise of emails   Compromise of emails I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:21 am

Understandable. I have 4 emails. One for the club, one for personal/ business stuff (coupons..)

and one for creditors.. they love emailing me and calling me! I think they are my biggest fans rabbit
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: Compromise of emails   Compromise of emails I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:01 pm

I have four emails too. One for personal use and the other I use for stores and commercial use. The other tow I don't use much, but are back up if one gets compromised beyond repair. So far a few people I know (including my sister) have had their email compromised where I have gotten deals from a Prince asking for money to transfer a large sum to my account.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: Compromise of emails   Compromise of emails I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 4:02 pm

Now it's a Prince they are going with eh? Gotta love stupid emails..

Back to top Go down
OD
Elder Spirit
Elder Spirit
OD

PostSubject: Re: Compromise of emails   Compromise of emails I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 5:35 pm

You are not alone on this problem, my email was hacked and used to send spam to all in my address book.Compromise of emails Angry

I went to the troubles of changing passwords and such.
I finally closed out that account and started over.

Compromise of emails Butcher-1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Compromise of emails   Compromise of emails I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Compromise of emails
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Preternatural Research Society :: OUT THERE!!!-
Jump to: