Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

witch jokes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

witch jokes Empty
PostSubject: witch jokes   witch jokes I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 3:23 pm

I don't know if it is hollywood hype or what but there have been so many witch jokes or comments lately around me and in the media about witches being EVIL to which I say. which witch is which?

You have the Hansel and Grettle movie coming out and you have Beautiful Creatures out now and on tv you have GRIMM. As someone who is a sort of born witch I take most with a grain of salt. But when you are hiding your true self from friends because you worry your beliefs are going to come off cooky and stupid that is when I say "do you all not pray?"

Prayer in itself is a lot like casting a spell because you are in a sense 1. sacraficing something to a god for something you want.. that sacrafice can be in the form of Lent or behaving more like you think Jesue would want you to behave.. it isn't all hollywood sacrafices of virgin hearts and blood. Sometimes if you light a candle and burn a sage or salt or offer something at your alter it is the same thing.

Just my 2 cents =0) witch jokes 2896174817
Back to top Go down
https://preternaturalclub.forumotion.com
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

witch jokes Empty
PostSubject: Re: witch jokes   witch jokes I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 3:50 pm

There is an interesting episode of Bewitched in which Samantha's aunts are visiting and are upset at how witches are portrayed. Then Darren comes home with an ad campaign that shows a warty old lady and Samantha gets upset about it.

It is interesting as there are shows like Buffy which portray witches as people and other shows deal with the spiritual aspect of what a witch is.

There is a movie that deals with witchcraft Love at Stake which showed one of the many reasons for those witch hunts: Stealing the property of old widows. The movie is a comedy but it has a good ending where Ann Ramsey (the actress from Throw Momma From the Train) gives a speech on what witches really are as opposed to what they are depicted as.

I also take it all with a grain of salt as well. Night Gallery is a bad offender as all Pagans and witches are associated with Satan and the devil. I also love how they use the term Lucifer to connote the devil and evil. Lucifer was the Roman God of Light and Truth, but was turned evil so Christianity would become the main religion.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

witch jokes Empty
PostSubject: Re: witch jokes   witch jokes I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 1:43 pm

my issue is people choose as in CHOOSE not to research for themselves.. I call it lazy thinking. I hate that. If you don't care about something then don't care enough to get mad and throw stones at it.

I have had so many bone chilling amazing experiences seeing my God in nature any day than when I used to sit in a church.

and then of course there are the people you meet that always invite you to their church. My boyfriend David and I met a lovely couple at the local pub house and they were having a nice date - very intellectual sweet couple then they told us he was a minister. I was sort of shocked they were having beer (i grew up baptist they don't drink..) and he was sort of a new Baptist minister.. so to me I automatically thought "cult" which isn't nice either - because anything too good to be true..

We are still considering going but I still have my reservations.. I don't like the stigma of the physicality of "church" it isn't me. I choose to worship in nature.

just how I feel - a sense of oneness and closeness with all things. To me that is the exact incarnate of how Jesus Christ himself would have wanted a religious emotion to feel like.

I feel bad for having my own prejudices though. Because I was taught not to. It is preached in my current beliefs.. unless that person has harmed you.. but even then some witchy folks will say Revenge is not good either when other witch folks say "balance."

I'm a libra so naturally I agree with having balance.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

witch jokes Empty
PostSubject: Re: witch jokes   witch jokes I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 2:04 pm

Most religions before Christianity worshiped outside in nature as that was how it was intended to be. Christianity wanted to change all the rules and force their dogma on the masses. If you don't follow their rules, you are going to hell. Or at least we are going to roast you alive along with your family members.

Christianity is all about Paganism as they stole from it: Christmas from Saturnalia (and an even older Egyptian festival); St Valentine's Day from Lupercalia (Lupercus and Faunas were nature Gods and Lupercalia was a festival for shepherds as well as fertility hence Cupid and his love arrows); Easter from Estara and many other Goddesses including Persephone and Ostara and so forth.

My mother is now worried the next pope is going to be the antichrist so she wants me to start going to church and stop being a Pagan. She wants me to get to heaven so she can be with her own family. I tried to assure Mom I will be a part of the afterlife and that she will never be alone, but I am not going to church.

I sometimes muse with my devout Catholic mother and sister that the Virgin Mary is the Goddess Diana/Artemis because an early Catholic priest saw how popular the Moon Goddess was and decided to declare Mary and Diana one and the same (hence Mary being called the Queen of Heaven and Mother of God). Mary Magdalene was Isis personified in many aspects of early Christianity as Isis was also very popular. You can't have two very powerful and important Goddesses in a male dominated organization, so Magdalene was demonized and Mary remained a perpetual virgin.

Even now Lucifer gets a bad name especially among Conspiracy groups. Lucifer was an important God of Light and one time consort of Diana. He also was an early protector of witches as was Diana and Hecate. Now, every time one reads about Hecate she is mentioned as being evil when she was one of the most important Titans to the Greeks. Even ZeusJupiter respected who she was as she could come and go through any realm as she pleased.

It used to be we could be condemned as heretics and tortured with some of the most barbaric and cruel methods ever devised all in the name of the Lord.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

witch jokes Empty
PostSubject: Re: witch jokes   witch jokes I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 3:50 pm

that is funny about your mom thinking about the next pope is the antichrist. lol

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

witch jokes Empty
PostSubject: Re: witch jokes   witch jokes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

witch jokes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Preternatural Research Society :: Spirituality and Religion-
Jump to: