Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Poll on Hollywood

Go down 
2 posters

Has Hollywood lost it's creativity?
a. Yes always making books into movies
Poll on Hollywood I_vote_lcap25%Poll on Hollywood I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
b. No not at all
Poll on Hollywood I_vote_lcap0%Poll on Hollywood I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
c. still room for creativity just lies in a independent format.
Poll on Hollywood I_vote_lcap50%Poll on Hollywood I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
d. don't care all actors are overpaid anyhow and hollywood wastes too much money on stupid projects.
Poll on Hollywood I_vote_lcap25%Poll on Hollywood I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

Poll on Hollywood Empty
PostSubject: Poll on Hollywood   Poll on Hollywood I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:26 am

Adding a poll about the lack of creativity I have seen in recent years with Hollywood block buster movies.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Poll on Hollywood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poll on Hollywood   Poll on Hollywood I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:22 pm

I do think some have lost their creativity, but it has always been this way. We forget that Hollywood is a business and they make what sells tickets. If something different makes it big, watch out for the clones.

This argument has been made by others and I do point out that Hollywood has always done remakes. Some of the remakes are much better than the originals like The Maltese Falcon:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0022111/

Few people realize it was first done in 1931 but only remember the remake which is now a classic. There are many examples of remakes, but usually the original is the best.

It looks like the remake to the foreign language version of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo is quite successful so the other ones are going to get remade.

I do love original movies, but it does seem many of them get trashed by the public like the movie "Lady in the Water". It was quite different, but panned by both critics and the audiences alike. It seems the studios try, but then have to resort to the remakes, sequels and awful romantic comedies starring Jennifer Aniston.

I tend to like Indie Movies and really enjoyed one last night called "Everything Must Go" starring Will Ferrel as an alcoholic whose life is turned upside down. It is a different drama, but the audiences want to see Ferrel in a zany comedy.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

Poll on Hollywood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poll on Hollywood   Poll on Hollywood I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 3:59 pm

It seems some of the older movies were better done too though. Movies that may have been based on a hollywood outline and then some poor schmuck had to write a script.

Seems more creative. I think it is smart to write movies based on books but I am sure there are a lot of scripts written by talented unknowns that never get their foot in the door.

I think the most overdone has been Spiderman. I told one of my "crazy spidyman fans" I have not desire to watch another Re-make of it.

I'll certainly not pay money.. well I'd go just not on my dime. rabbit

I think the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo looks fabulous but at the same time the original from a few years ago was probably fabulous too. Ya know?

I realized that I was getting sick of all the makes and remakes and retakes it just needs some fresh air.

I think Hollyweird could use a makeover.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Poll on Hollywood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poll on Hollywood   Poll on Hollywood I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 8:17 pm

It does seem too soon to be doing a reboot of Spider-Man and starting from where he was bitten again. But who knows what is going on in the minds of producers these days.

I love TCM as there are a nice mix of older classics, films from the 1970s and cult films to make for an interesting viewing experience. All films are shown uncut and with no commercials, which is a good thing.

I also wonder why they remade The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo? It was a modest hit by box office standards, but it does seem to be paying off. Who would of guessed that would happen? They spent over $90 million on it plus add in the marketing costs and they need $300 million worldwide to make a profit.

The latest trend about making books into movies is young adult novels. Twilight made a mint, so now everyone wants to cash in on them. I wonder if anyone will make Judy Blume's books into a movie series? Might be too much as they were realistic about teen sex and the studios want glittery vampires.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

Poll on Hollywood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poll on Hollywood   Poll on Hollywood I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:24 am

I confess to liking Twilight- mainly the books. But the one they really did a good job with after I read the book was Vampire Diaries. They were more creative on that. Almost changed it completely. It is a good Action show. It is another one of my guilty pleasure tv shows.

as well as "The Lying Game" on ABC FAMILY and Merlin, FACEOFF on SCI-FI and "Stalked: Someone's watching.." on IDiscovery. I love reality crime shows.

I will spend an entire Sunday watching "Stalked," "Deadly Women," and "Disappeared." Not to forget "On the Case with Paula Zahn."

I was always into psychology and almost majored in it in school so the reason folks do stuff how they rationalize it is fascinating.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Poll on Hollywood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poll on Hollywood   Poll on Hollywood I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:40 pm

I heard Vampire Diaries is good but I have yet to watch it. I like reality shows like Holmes on Homes, but that is about it for them. I hate all the housewives and celebrity family shows out there.

Chronicle is coming out and it is based on a young adult novel. The studios all want to cash in and sometimes they do a good job of making the movie. Other times it is like they used a paint by numbers book in how to make a movie.

My guilty pleasure is the US version of Shameless. It is absolutely shameless!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Poll on Hollywood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poll on Hollywood   Poll on Hollywood I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poll on Hollywood
Page 1 of 1