Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Mystery of the Comte (1 of 3)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

The Mystery of the Comte (1 of 3) Empty
PostSubject: The Mystery of the Comte (1 of 3)   The Mystery of the Comte (1 of 3) I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 2:37 pm

James Patrick was doing research for a book he was writing about the Comte St Germaine. He did the usual sites and sources but wanted something different for his book to stand out. He had done books about history before and knew the Comte did exist. But was he a conman or was there something special about him? James hoped to find out more about him to answer those and other questions. He lucked out when a man from a noble family line contacted him about a journal one of his ancestors kept.

"The family still retains many of the titles but they are used more for historical and family pride reasons. I am a direct descendant of Baron Frederick of Saxony who wrote about his encounter with the Comte. You can use the book as reference for your work, but I wish it back as it contains other valuable information about how they lived back then." James opened up the journal to the pages where the Baron had met the Comte and started to read it.
It was my pleasure to aid the illustrious career of the Chief Constable from our town. He was a good friend of the family and kept the town free of highwaymen and rascals. When he told me he had an important matter to discuss in private I knew he was serious. I even asked our most trusted servants to not disturb us for anything. I asked the Chief what this was about and he assured me it had nothing to do with my family. I do have a son who tends to get into little scrapes but most of us did at that age.

"Baron, I come to you as a friend but as a constable as well. The Prince of Saxony called me for his audience and told of the Comte St Germaine, a man who has made many outrageous claims. The Prince was concerned that some noblewomen and even a few Princesses were taken astray and perhaps the object of malicious intent by the Comte. There are many who claim titles so they can try and bilk others out of their estates or inheritances.

"If the Comte is who he says he is than it would be quite an embarrassment for me or others like me to ask such questions. You are respected and you also have a wonderful tact about you. I ask of you to check out this Comte and make sure he is of your noble breed." I understood what the Chief Constable was asking as it would be downright vulgar for a commoner to make any type of accusation unless they had the utmost proof. I also wanted to protect the other families from any type of scandal if this man was a rogue. I accepted this offer and made my arrangements to travel to visit the Comte who had taken up residence with another family.

When I arrived at the manor, I was greeted by the servants and asked to see the Comte once I was settled in. That way it would give him time to prepare for my visit as well. He did outrank me so I had to be so very respectful when I asked him these questions. He claimed to be the son of a Prince and to others he claimed to have lived during the Classical Roman period. My intent was to see if he was trying to find ways to make ill gotten gains off of these claims. I decided to accept he was the son of a Prince and would ask for the documents to prove his lineage.

It is difficult to describe the Comte as he wore wigs and powder just like the other noble and royal families. Very few would see a man of our stature without these items other than our personal servants who bathed us. Since it was rude of them to gaze into the eyes of their masters, they possible did not really know much of what they really looked like either. The Comte was a slightly tall man when standing next to me. He was not wearing high heels like some do. But he could still of padded his shoes to make himself appear taller. Some also find ways to appear shorter than they are as we try not to stick out in the crowd too much. Our dress tells others of our ranks and privileges.

The Comte was a very cordial man and did answer my questions when I asked them. He spoke with a slight accent and was a very learned man. His age would be in his 40s if I believed he was the son of the Prince. However, the powder made it difficult to be sure of this. "I do claim to be the son of the Prince, but that is not really the truth as I am really much older. I knew the Prince and he was decent enough to prepare the documents making the claim I was his son. They have the royal seal so no one does question it since they can see it for themselves. A man of your prestige would easily tell a forgery.

"But then most do believe I am the son of the Prince so I will go along with them. I also have my own wealth as you have been hinting that I am living off the kindness of others. I did not want to say anything, but my host the Duke had run out of money when I arrived here. I gave him a rather nice payment to allow me to use his manor as my place while I do my travels. I know of alchemy and can create gold, silver and precious stones if you wish." To my surprise, the Comte took out a large heart shaped diamond which was the color pink and gave it to me. I later had it checked and it was quite real and lies with the rest of the family heirlooms.

"I would of had to talk many lovely noblewomen and princesses out of their fortunes just for that one stone. You also know there are many families whose fortunes are not what they appear to be. No one works, and more towns are going with burgermeisters to run them. We also like to play and have plenty of servants do our work for us. It all costs money and when there is little coming in most goes out. They know I can create gold and also have gold coins to give them.

"You can tell the person who sent you I am no scoundrel and wish no ill will on anyone. At times I do have a few people impersonate me but they never do it for their ill gotten gain. I pay them handsomely and only do so if I have an audience with a very important official such as a king or prince. It is rare that I do so, and it accounts for the many different descriptions of my height and appearance. I am the real deal and the diamond should be proof of that. With the highwaymen around waiting for a noble to pass, I never give the others anything of real value." I then had tea with the Comte and he told me several wonderful stories about traveling to the Orient.

I also was given a bag of gold coins from the Comte who claimed he had more than enough to live off of. I believed him when he said he was no scoundrel. However, I do not take his claim to be very ancient seriously. We all have our little quirks and I believe that one is his. I do not know where he received his wealth as the Prince who was his father did not have very much in his treasury. The Comte spoke the truth about many royals and nobles out there. One line keeps the purse but other lines are barely able to keep servants so they do not give their copper coins freely much less any silver or gold. If anyone reads this after I am gone, remember to not mention this to the commoners.

Personally, I still have no real idea who the Comte is or where he is from. I did tell the Chief Constable he was a good and kind man who had his own monies. I am one of the few who did meet him and hear his wonderful tales of his travels. Did he really meet Julius Caesar? I think not. But it is much fun to hear him describe the man.

James put down the journal and was a bit disappointed as it did not answer any of the questions about the mystery of the Comte. He handed it to the Baron who then told him to wait there and returned with a large pink heart shaped diamond. "This should tell you the Comte was wealthy on his own. While I do not know how, it does rule out the Comte being a conman or charlatan. The diamond is priceless as well as flawless. The color is very unique. I have the certification from the insurance agency which had everything authenticated." James looked at the gem and admired its beauty.

"Still, the Comte died a relatively poor man. Where did all of his fabulous wealth go? If he wasn't a conman, he either gave it away or he hid it." The Baron just smiled at James.

"It is quite possible he is still among us today."
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

The Mystery of the Comte (1 of 3) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mystery of the Comte (1 of 3)   The Mystery of the Comte (1 of 3) I_icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 2:37 pm

With the Comte being the topic of the book club, I decided to give my take on who he was. Completely fictional of course, but one never really knows, do they?
Back to top Go down

The Mystery of the Comte (1 of 3)
Page 1 of 1