Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Homeopahtic Medicine: Does it work?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Homeopahtic Medicine: Does it work? Empty
PostSubject: Homeopahtic Medicine: Does it work?   Homeopahtic Medicine: Does it work? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 10:12 pm

I have seen a few skeptical sites which spend a great deal of time trying to disparage homeopathic medicine. I was wondering if anyone here has used homeopathic methods and how it works for them.

I have started using quinine for leg cramps. I take the dissolving tablets and they work great for me usually within minutes. I am now going to look for homeopathic pain killers for my developing arthritis. (The regular pain killers have serious side effects.)

I would love to read other anecdotes of what works for them in this area.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: Homeopahtic Medicine: Does it work?   Homeopahtic Medicine: Does it work? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 9:16 am

Colloidal silver has been used by a few of my Preternatural Members and my boyfriend swears by it. The trick is to take a tablespoon a day - not drink it constantly. Apparently it has been banned by the FDA but only because it works.

I have known a few people that have made it themselves as they have a home distiller. I have not taken it myself, but again my boyfriend swears by it. He said after taking a tablespoon a day for two weeks he was greatly improved physically. He hasn't been able to get it lately keeps forgetting about it due to his work schedule. He is really into fitness too or at least trying to be.

There are things I do for myself because I suffer from weak back muscles even if I workout. There are different oils I use in the bath and teas I drink one tea in particular is Yogi Brand tea. I am in love with it. Their aches and pains one is quite good and so is their Belly tea (for anyone trying to clear themselves of toxins) you drink a cup a day. That makes me feel better as well.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: Homeopahtic Medicine: Does it work?   Homeopahtic Medicine: Does it work? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 11:00 pm

Thank you for the information. I will look into the Yogi Teas and the colloidal silver for my aches and pains. So far, they are not too bad, but as we age they do become worse.

It does seem that if something works, they outright ban it instead of letting us decide what is best for ourselves.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: Homeopahtic Medicine: Does it work?   Homeopahtic Medicine: Does it work? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:16 am

FDA wouldn't make any money off of antibiotics otherwise. ;-)

It is all about money.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: Homeopahtic Medicine: Does it work?   Homeopahtic Medicine: Does it work? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:22 pm

I am now suffering from a major sinus cold. My head has been hurting and I have a nose that is a leaky faucet (I know, EEEWWWW!). I use the medicine given by the doctor for this condition, but I also am looking into some natural remedies for this. Last time I had it it lasted more than a month. I went to the doctor and she gave me the prescription I still use today.

It doesn't appear to be as bad as it was the last time which is very good.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: Homeopahtic Medicine: Does it work?   Homeopahtic Medicine: Does it work? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 9:02 am

I am not sure if you enjoy baths but a friend of mine makes soap as a hobby and every time I'm sick I take a bath with her soap that has Lavendar oils and rosemary what ever is in that stuff helps me everytime.. like cures me with in a day or so. That and sea salt gargle and nose spray. Tanning beds have also helped me too I think it is the false Vitamin D. It is like the sun on a beach. Just don't over do it.

That is the thing about things like tanning beds. Little is fine over doing it will cause you to have skin issues. It helps me with my dry skin like eczema. Contrary to what people think they really aren't that bad. It is the same with anything anything in moderation.
Back to top Go down
OD
Elder Spirit
Elder Spirit
OD

PostSubject: Re: Homeopahtic Medicine: Does it work?   Homeopahtic Medicine: Does it work? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 10:46 am

Mercury, have you tried hot water and sea salt?

I mix salt in a bowl of hot water, taste until it is really salty.
The I use a nasal bulb and wash out my sinus.
I was in the hospital last year for URI and after I came home I still had the sinus infection.
I started using the salt water washings and it was gone in a week.
I got it last month, used the washings and in a week it was gone.

This was something I got from my dad, he was never sick with colds like other people.

Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: Homeopahtic Medicine: Does it work?   Homeopahtic Medicine: Does it work? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 11:00 am

I agree about the salts. I still catch a cold from time to time but it works better than stuff like Flonase. They say to gargle daily and use it nasaly to prevent colds. I think they are right.

Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: Homeopahtic Medicine: Does it work?   Homeopahtic Medicine: Does it work? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 10:01 pm

I took a ibuprofen last night and I feel much better now. It didn't last as long as I thought it would which is good.

Thank you for all the suggestions. I will keep them for future reference.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Homeopahtic Medicine: Does it work?   Homeopahtic Medicine: Does it work? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Homeopahtic Medicine: Does it work?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Preternatural Research Society :: Art of healing-
Jump to: