Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dream Interpretation

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
goodwitch
Vampire Slayer
Vampire Slayer
goodwitch

Dream Interpretation Empty
PostSubject: Dream Interpretation   Dream Interpretation I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 1:46 pm

So I've been having some vivid/disturbing dreams these last couple of weeks. You know that kind that stick with you and affect your whole day? Yeah those...so I decided to return to dream interpretation, which is something I haven't paid too much attention to for the last few years, but was once something I did often.

So I dreamt of my mother's death, and the suicide of a childhood friend who I haven't seen/talked to in at least 17 years. And after a little research into different aspects of my dreams, I was able to determine that these dreams are related to my imminent marriage (2 weeks from tomorrow!) and the changing relationship between my parents and I, as well my taking this big adult step in my life. Because, although Im 32, I still feel like I'm 16 most of the time Smile I find the knowledge I gain from this kind of work comforting, and it helps me reflect on my choices and their implications in my life.

For my interpretations, I generally use the website www.dreammoods.com, which is mostly based in a psychological/Freudian point of view. They also include some mytholigical interpretations as alternate view points. It has an extensive dream dictionary, as well a discussions of common dream themes and dream theorists.

So what do you all think? Is dream interpretation something you do as well? What kind of approach do you take? Any resources you would reccomend? As this is something I'm just returning to, I'm interested to hear alternative views. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: Dream Interpretation   Dream Interpretation I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 6:07 pm

Thank you for sharing that interpretation and the site for us to check out our dreams.

http://www.dreammoods.com/

I also have some strange dreams that have all kinds of subjects. Some of them I feel like I am still a child even though I am going to be 49 this summer.

I will look them up and post them here.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dream Interpretation   Dream Interpretation I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 3:39 pm

So last night I had this strange dream that I was laying in my bed from child hood. I was with my dog that I have now..anyhow in the dream i was trying to lay down. and where my bed was it was in a corner with two windows on either side. Outside the one window I could see a Huge Massive Planet..it was so large it was basically almost something I could touch. I went online on my break and found a photo.. I kept thinking in the dream aliens were going to be able to be close enough to take me. In the dream I then saw one creep up to my bedroom window and peer in. I then started thinking (in my dream not after) now I know how alien abductees feel. The feeling of violation was almost undescribable.

They left and I was so scared to look at the planet. Funny story in a way, but all my life in dreams I am frightened of the sky. I used to have dreams of "frozen Tornadoes" just frozen hovering over my house. Nothing ever happened to make me that way.. but best way I can describe this glimmering brown planet outside my window is this photo I found..

Not sure why I dreamt it.. it was a long dream but I had it after waking at 5:10 to see what time it was and then my alarm waking me again at 5:50 this morning... Sorry for the overly large photo..

Dream Interpretation Preview-50-3268
Back to top Go down
https://preternaturalclub.forumotion.com
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: Dream Interpretation   Dream Interpretation I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 6:49 pm

One of my strangest recurring dreams deals with an ice age hitting us or we are about to be hit by a massive tornado. In the ice age one I can see a huge glacier one mile high sitting quite close to the house.

It is wild when I do have epic effect dreams like those. Most are boring in the visual department, although I do like to fly in most of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dream Interpretation   Dream Interpretation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dream Interpretation
Page 1 of 1