Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Healing powers of animals..

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Healing powers of animals.. Empty
PostSubject: Healing powers of animals..   Healing powers of animals.. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 3:51 pm

http://www.naturescornermagazine.com/healing_power.html

a great article. I think most of us knew this but this is the scientific aspect of it.
Back to top Go down
https://preternaturalclub.forumotion.com
LoSt iN ThOuGhT
Vampire Slayer
Vampire Slayer
LoSt iN ThOuGhT

PostSubject: Re: Healing powers of animals..   Healing powers of animals.. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 8:01 pm

Good article and so true.
Our lives really revolve around our dog, and not just this dog, but every dog we have ever had. They sure do enrich a human's life. Our little Schnauzer keeps us moving and keeps us happy.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: Healing powers of animals..   Healing powers of animals.. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 10:17 pm

When I am not feeling well, my cat is there to comfort me (I have one who prefers me only). They do calm a person down and make it easier to get on with life day by day.
Back to top Go down
LoSt iN ThOuGhT
Vampire Slayer
Vampire Slayer
LoSt iN ThOuGhT

PostSubject: Re: Healing powers of animals..   Healing powers of animals.. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 11:59 am

I have a friend on another forum, his own Schnauzer forum, and one of his dogs is a thearpy dog and they go to hospitals and nursing homes and bring much joy to people. It is really a wonderful thing he and his little dog are doing.

The dog is extremely well trained and never fails to being smiles to people in much need of one.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: Healing powers of animals..   Healing powers of animals.. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 9:56 am

With all the hype about Pit Bulls (love them or hate them..) they are very very good hospital dogs. They are a highly intelligent breed. I own one - and they are also goofier than boxers. lol!

We have had 3 or four get CGC certifications too at our local shelter.

Dog I grew up with was a cocker/ lab mix. She was named Taffy and was equally smart and hated our neighbors.. my parents also disliked them. She would not bite anyone or anything, but man she knew how to annoy people she didn't like Laughing

Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: Healing powers of animals..   Healing powers of animals.. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 10:00 pm

I would of loved to bring my dog to where I am living now (in Chicago), but there is no room for her to go outside and I can't take her for walks like I used to. She would also make a great hospital dog as she loves people and is so sweet and gentle. She is a Brittany, which is a bird hunting breed.

Animals have a sense of how we are feeling and seem to come in at the right time. If we have had bad or very sad news, they lie next to us and stay with us.

They also don't care if we get fat or older. They don't care if we can't get up and down those stairs, but they are there for us.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: Healing powers of animals..   Healing powers of animals.. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 9:26 am

My late father always had a love and hate relationship with my black cat. But no matter how P'od my dad would get at him for urinating or something on doors or stuff - when he got sick and I eventually moved out of my parents basement, he missed having a cat. So when my sister was staying in Chicago and had to make the big move to Arizona she left her two cats Kiwi, and Tigger with my dad and mom. Tigger was what I would call a street thug. Laughing

When my sister lived in Florida a few years before that (they were stationed in florida, hawaii, chicago, Virginia..)

anyhow Tigger escaped one day when he was about a year old and was gone for two months finally he was found meowing on the other side of a fence- what was on the other side of the fence was a known allegator pasture. He had cuts on his nose like he had been been in fights galore. That day we knew you don't mess with Tigg. =0)

He recently passed away from getting very sick when his (wife) Kiwi died. He passed a week after she did. They were together for over 15 years. Poor guy.

Tigger was my dads cat though. He ended up keeping the two cats. They even looked alike and had the same grumpy temper. Pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: Healing powers of animals..   Healing powers of animals.. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 10:54 pm

That is a sweet story: Sad, touching but overall uplifting. It shows that cats and dogs do form a bond with each other also, and often pass away very close to the other.

They gave 15 years of love and companionship, which is many more than some humans are capable of.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Healing powers of animals..   Healing powers of animals.. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Healing powers of animals..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Preternatural Research Society :: Art of healing-
Jump to: