Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

spam spam spam

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

spam spam spam Empty
PostSubject: spam spam spam   spam spam spam I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 9:28 am

our first mini spam today.. I have notified our other mod who has been on vacation.

I'll try to keep up on it

if you do see any spam and I do not catch it feel free to notify me.

thanks

Kelly
Back to top Go down
https://preternaturalclub.forumotion.com
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

spam spam spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: spam spam spam   spam spam spam I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:32 pm

The spammers seem to love the Legendary Times Forum. I sometimes have to get rid of 20 spammers in one sitting! Hopefully banning their IP and emails will make it harder for them to spam us.

I will notify you if I see any spam on this site.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

spam spam spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: spam spam spam   spam spam spam I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 7:52 am

Yes thank you Lloyd. I have found out that on here I cannot ban an IP address uless the person is signed o n the website. I can delete posts and ban members and that is what had to be done. Gotta love the spam squad! cheers
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

spam spam spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: spam spam spam   spam spam spam I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 12:59 pm

There are a few spammers we get who put up hundreds of names in the past year. They only change one number or letter so I don't bother banning user names at Legendary Times. I do ban the emails and the IP numbers, although they can change those. It is more of a hassle for them to do that and they usually move on to other sites if they can't get on one.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

spam spam spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: spam spam spam   spam spam spam I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 9:25 am

I love formotion it is simple and they make it very easy to run a site (for first timers who have no huge amount of webiste design) but there are limitations as far as what i can do..the plus is the typing the actual website address of the forum is so long..=0)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

spam spam spam Empty
PostSubject: Re: spam spam spam   spam spam spam I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

spam spam spam
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Preternatural Research Society :: Support Team-
Jump to: