Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Happy Fathers' Day

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Happy Fathers' Day Empty
PostSubject: Happy Fathers' Day   Happy Fathers' Day I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 9:42 pm

Growing up in my day, a father was the breadwinner and the one who whipped you if you were bad. Mom would wait until Dad got home to tell of all the trouble you got into and boy it was not uncommon to hear Dad say: "Your ass is grass and I am the lawn mower."

Times started to change as Dad took a more nurturing role and actually spent quality time with the kids. (Not just the going on vacation every year, but real time to just be with the kids.) I made sure to do plenty of activities with my guys as I found it fun. Most now do, so the above I described is a thing of the past.

My father was old fashioned, but I still loved him dearly. He passed away from cancer at the age of 63 over eight years ago. I would love to spend another Fathers' Day to be with him.

For those who still have fathers with them, forgive their shortcomings as they are not perfect. I later learned of what sacrifices my father went through to put food on the table. He only later told us of being laid off and doing backbreaking work 12 hours a day for minimum pay.

I want to wish all the fathers out there a wonderful day, although everyday should be Fathers' and Mothers' Day.
Back to top Go down

Happy Fathers' Day
Page 1 of 1