Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

J O'Barr's The Crow

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

J O'Barr's The Crow Empty
PostSubject: J O'Barr's The Crow   J O'Barr's The Crow I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 1:17 pm

After a personal tragedy in J O'Barr's life- a drunk driver killing his girlfriend- he turned to his hobby of graphic arts and created The Crow a sad story of a young mans fiancé being raped and murdered in a low- level of Detroit. He stumbling upon the rape is also attacked and murdered...through the supernatural legend of the Crow (rises from the ashes to make right the wrongs to right) takes out his revenge on the seven men who killed hexane his girlfriend.

Since made into a brilliant 1994 film ( also film tragedy of Lee) it was one of the darkest yet gorgeous gothic anti- hero films of the 20th century. I recommend both the gothic graphic novel as well as a kick ass film.

Enjoy..watch on October 31st though..

Was so much a favorite I created a Crow ouija board for my own personal tribute and usage.
Back to top Go down
https://preternaturalclub.forumotion.com
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: J O'Barr's The Crow   J O'Barr's The Crow I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 3:55 pm

They did do several direct to video sequels to this movie. It also became a short lived TV series in 1998 lasting one season.

I have to watch the original again as I vaguely remember it. I do know I liked it very much.

Hollywood is not letting this property be and a reboot is in development.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0166425/
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: J O'Barr's The Crow   J O'Barr's The Crow I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 12:47 pm

yeah a reboot has been in "talks" since 2005 I believe. They recently tried to get the actor from Limitless to be in it and I guess he signed on.. but I think it would be a huge mistake...

Nothing about any of the remakes except City of Angels did even 35% good at theatres..

J'Obarr was extremely upset by the last few. I got a chance to email him through one of his sites because at the time I was going to have him paint a female crow for me. It is like 400 bucks to have him do it. I was soooo there..

a great site for his work is "aboyandhisbird"

It will be fall soon so my dark side will be out and a bout.. =0) J O'Barr's The Crow 864648224
Back to top Go down
https://preternaturalclub.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: J O'Barr's The Crow   J O'Barr's The Crow I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

J O'Barr's The Crow
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Preternatural Research Society :: Entertain Us-
Jump to: