Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Visitation Dreams

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LoSt iN ThOuGhT
Vampire Slayer
Vampire Slayer
LoSt iN ThOuGhT

Visitation Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Visitation Dreams   Visitation Dreams I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 10:22 am

I have a real thing for dreams and dreaming.

I have "visits" from people in my dreams. It is hard to explain, unless you have them yourself. They are not regular mixed up crazy dreams, I never have dreams that make much sense, I'm sure most of us can't make a lot of sense out of our dreams for the most part.

But I have the occasional dream where a dead relative or dear friend will visit me in my dream. These dreams are completely realistic and make sense, other than the fact I am talking with a dead person and out having a good time. I'm also quite aware that yes it could just be my mind playing tricks on me and giving me an experience
I would enjoy. But I still think there could be another explanation.

I have done much reading about lucid dreaming and have experienced that on several occasions, and these visit are still not exactly like a lucid dream either.

Another aspect that really makes them stand out for me is I never forget them. They are as clear to me as if I just woke up.

I have occasional visits from one Grandma, my father and an old friend.

The ones with my old friend are really quite wonderful we are always out ridding horses together, she doesn't know she is dead however, so it does put a bit of a strain on our conversations. I have yet to tell her she is dead.

I know this sounds nuts, I mean the fact that I do think something otherworldly is going on.

I'll relate these two "dreams" to you.

My step father died almost 6 years ago of cancer and he was ravaged by it, it was all through his body and in his brain. The last month of his life he spent hallucinating, because of the brain tumors and on massive doses of morphine, strapped to his bed most of the time. I can't even begin to describe how horrible this was for him. Nobody should have to endure this agony.

A few days after he died. I had a dream, it was so simple and so real. He had a motorhome they were going to travel in, he had just retired from his job.
In the dream my husband and my mom and I were sitting in the motorhome talking about , his name was Earl, talking about Earl and the funeral and just life in general, like how it sure can suck sometimes.

And the door to the motorhome opened and Earl walked in and sat down and just started chatting away with us just like normal, it was good to see him back like he was before the cancer. The three of us just looked at each other dumbfounded and didn't know what to do or say. But we all took a cue from each other and just started talking to him like nothing was out of the ordinary.
After a bit he walked back outside to do some chores around the place.

After he left we all couldn't believe it and didn't know what to do, we didn't know how to tell him he was dead. Before we could continue on, I woke up.
I can't even begin to describe how I felt when I woke up. But I told my mom and Glen about it. All my mom said was she felt him hanging around.

A few days after the funeral I had another dream with him in it. In the dream I was walking in the cemetery and he was riding his bike and he just looked at me and waved and smiled and then disappeared.

I really believe due to the circumstance of his death, he had no idea he was dead for a few days, he was just in limbo. And I have never seen him again.

I think we are really taping into the unknown when we dream or certainly can.

When one of my Aunts (she was the middle daughter of the Grandma who "visits" me) when this aunt was dying of cancer, my Grandma came to me in a dream, she was hanging around waiting to help my aunt move along after she died.

Ok, I'll stop now!
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Visitation Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visitation Dreams   Visitation Dreams I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 1:09 pm

You are not the only one who has had these kind of dreams. I tried explaining them to a family member and they kept saying it was just a dream.

My great uncle passed away in 1986 and I had a lucid dream of him visiting me and telling me everything was OK. It was his usual personality and not me controlling the dream. It is hard to explain this type of dream as it is the person themselves paying you a visit.

The ancients and many indigenous peoples believe we are contacted by the spirits in our dreams. They took this seriously and I now realize why. We are being visited and it may contain a vital message for us. In my case the message seemed to be to relax and enjoy life. Death was not the end either.

Thank you for sharing that with us, Lost.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Visitation Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visitation Dreams   Visitation Dreams I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 1:14 pm

I have dreams about my dad almost every night. He's been gone 3 years. They too are strange. Wilda B Tanner is the best writer on the subject. She says we go to other plains during dream state to "heal" our souls and release things like conversations with the dead. I believe we have the ability.
Back to top Go down
https://preternaturalclub.forumotion.com
LoSt iN ThOuGhT
Vampire Slayer
Vampire Slayer
LoSt iN ThOuGhT

Visitation Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visitation Dreams   Visitation Dreams I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 3:25 pm

It's so cool to hear you guys saying the same thing, they are different and we do know the difference, they are not just dreams!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Visitation Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visitation Dreams   Visitation Dreams I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 1:51 pm

I think you will find a lot of people here have some sort of odd experience with paranormal or otherwise here. It is a complicated subject. You can disbelieve but when things happen it is like whoa! What was that?

I have had that happen more than a hand full of times. Surprised

& welcome Back! Visitation Dreams 4114532971
Back to top Go down
https://preternaturalclub.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Visitation Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visitation Dreams   Visitation Dreams I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Visitation Dreams
Page 1 of 1