Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SPORTS LOVERS

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

SPORTS LOVERS  Empty
PostSubject: SPORTS LOVERS    SPORTS LOVERS  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:29 pm

Any takers? Feel free to rant here..
Back to top Go down
https://preternaturalclub.forumotion.com
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

SPORTS LOVERS  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPORTS LOVERS    SPORTS LOVERS  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:11 pm

I really got interested in watching baseball a while back ago. For some reason, I felt relaxed at the easy going style of the sport and did not find it boring. But the thing which got me upset was the strike that happened a few years back causing the World Series to be canceled.

I found it to be very upsetting that they would do this to America's pastime, but they did go through with it.

Then we had the steroid use which was rampant. Many records were broken, and now they may have used artificial means to break them. It is both the owners and players who are at fault over this. They all wanted a big audience and threw the audience and fans away in the long haul.

Now, I watch local school teams and even small leagues on TV and in person. I prefer the Little League World Series as the young men are all about the fun of playing the game.

That was until they started cheating with some coaches using 16 year old boys and older in a game which the age limit is 13. One boy noticed a player wearing a wedding band in the locker room and brought it to the attention of his coach. It is sad that the adults would screw up something so innocent to win a game.

So now I don't watch baseball, not even the Little Leaguers. That is sad as this was a fun game for me, but not anymore. In the end it is the fans who suffer, especially the kids who look up to these people.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

SPORTS LOVERS  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPORTS LOVERS    SPORTS LOVERS  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 11:44 pm

Move over Super Bowl, there seems to be Jeremy Lin fever out there:

SPORTS LOVERS  BKM_0910_Lin_Jeremy_BC_054

This young man is a Harvard Graduate turned pro player for the NY Knicks. He is very good and seems to be in the news everywhere. It is nice to see an athlete who is also a good role model for the youngsters out there.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

SPORTS LOVERS  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPORTS LOVERS    SPORTS LOVERS  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 11:24 am

Yeah especially with all the stuff going on in the land of Football...
Back to top Go down
OD
Elder Spirit
Elder Spirit
OD

SPORTS LOVERS  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPORTS LOVERS    SPORTS LOVERS  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 9:43 pm

There is always NASCAR

SPORTS LOVERS  Untitled-4
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

SPORTS LOVERS  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPORTS LOVERS    SPORTS LOVERS  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 10:30 pm

Ouch!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SPORTS LOVERS  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPORTS LOVERS    SPORTS LOVERS  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SPORTS LOVERS
Page 1 of 1