Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

rise and decline of Ufology..

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

rise and decline of Ufology.. Empty
PostSubject: rise and decline of Ufology..   rise and decline of Ufology.. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 3:12 pm

Back to top Go down
https://preternaturalclub.forumotion.com
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: rise and decline of Ufology..   rise and decline of Ufology.. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 10:21 pm

I do like that site, but it hasn't been updated in a while. I do hope someone takes over and does it the justice it deserves.

There are some very good articles in there on the subject, and also some of the best cases out there.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: rise and decline of Ufology..   rise and decline of Ufology.. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 10:04 am

I recall coming across it somewhere else too then found it again from a link from another website.

Ufology definately deserves more than what it has been dealt in past years. There always seems to be this aura about it that leaves the intellectual side of most people scratching their heads. To me it is so insane that scholars that claim to believe in possible life elsewhere n this universe -yet discount the fact there are strong cases regarding sightings.

I myself hate when someone tries to prove something though and all you see is a dot in a night sky. I almost wish these new camera phones had better ability..but then again if you see a sighting you don't necessarily come prepared.

Also normal every day people don't really know where to go if they see something or the correct researchers to report it to. Calling your local policeman is not really going to get a proper report, however, it may help to document the case.

I used to think MUFON was a more serious place to go to. Although I now have more reservations. I think if we as a society put together a better game plan- the same way the military has in case of UFO attacks we may have something. Kind of like proper protocal if you are in a hostage situation. There is a way to deal with it. In the case of a UFO sighting perhaps governments could at least take into consideration proper ways to report so people do not feel so isolated. Plus what if it is a UFO - but not of alien origin? I think proper documentation is in order in case of terrorist attacks. Since the UFO is always unidentified. Unless it is the case of an abductee. But even those encounters are so hard to prove without proper physical evidence to back up the claim.

Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: rise and decline of Ufology..   rise and decline of Ufology.. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 10:51 pm

A UFO is any object that cannot be explained away as being an aircraft or known natural phenomena. I do think there are many different types of UFOs out there and each one needs to be studied. I also think there are a variety of valid theories as to what they are:

1. Extraterrestrial Hypothesis (ETH): This is one of the popular ones which claim some objects are sightings of extraterrestrial made craft and probes. Many of the good cases out there support this hypothesis, and it is the one which will be the easiest to prove once someone actually comes up with a saucer from another world.

2. Multidimensional beings: This is popular among many researchers including Jacques Vallee. The basic idea is self explanatory of beings and ships coming from other dimensions and universes. This is difficult to prove in itself, but there are some cases where this may be the case.

3. Preternatural Beings: This is where mystery lights and orbs come in as some think they are supernatural in origin. They could be anything from ghosts to angels.

4. Other: Many cases are just so weird they cannot be classified. Even some Bigfoot cases fall into this category, and they are fun to read but hard to classify.

Since the ETH is the easiest one to prove, I am a big proponent on getting a group of researchers on it to do just that. Once the ETH is shown to be real, the other type cases will be taken much more seriously.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: rise and decline of Ufology..   rise and decline of Ufology.. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 9:58 am

I agree research is key. And it doesn't necessarily have to involve media groups either. Especially since they tend to mock any real sightings on video. I think with shows like Ancient Aliens where a true show case of evidence can be presented is amazing because so many people now believe in the "evidence" of such things.

It is also good for those that don't do research on a regular basis to document sightings best they can. Take the emotion out of it and just look at the hard facts.

I love shows like Fact or Faked but honestly anything can be faked to some extent and they aren't really proving anything but that. Yet, it is a fun show to watch and think about each case.

Of course don't get me started on Youtube. If I see one more CGI ufo I may scream!

Some are artistically amazing to watch, but again they should come with a sign saying "look at this movie I made on my computer." Because some may see these and think it is a valid form of research. I am not discounting someone that actually has real sightings and posts their videos on there - because it is a great outlet. Many people do watch videos on youtube. It would maybe be wiser to use a different venue. Maybe their own website or send the videos to be tested by researchers in the field that know a hoax when they see it to validate it. But then you have to also make sure that the scientist assisting in research isn't onesided.

I could go on a long rant, but I wont. No need. I think we are in agreement to the fact more research needs to be done. I liked the research done (ufo hunters maybe?) where they researched the ufo markings in a forest the way they would a crime. Used real detectives on it. That in my personal opinion was the best ufo research I had actually seen. They even used forensic science to do testing.

Being a lover of detective and crime stories I thought it really opened a good door for once.farao
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: rise and decline of Ufology..   rise and decline of Ufology.. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 11:29 pm

There is good news on this front: Lt Col Kevin Randle (USAR-Ret) is getting a group of researchers together to look at all the information (some of it recent) on Roswell. He is also including skeptics to give it balance. The book should be ready by late fall or winter. I am eagerly looking forward to this as Lt Col Randle is one of the more respected persons in this field.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rise and decline of Ufology..   rise and decline of Ufology.. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

rise and decline of Ufology..
Page 1 of 1