Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dreams of Ghosts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

Dreams of Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Dreams of Ghosts   Dreams of Ghosts I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 2:46 pm

So I had a dream my dead dog (from childhood) I was with her again and was protecting her.

In my dream I was in my back yard from childhood- in the house I grew up in. It was weird because she went in and out of a "alternate version of my yard" through a little hole in the back yard fence.

the night before I was with my father at a baseball game.. Indians vs. Yankees - a game we never got a chance to go see in person while he was alive.

just odd bitter sweet dreams..
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Dreams of Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Ghosts   Dreams of Ghosts I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:16 pm

I also have strange dreams with alternate versions of the house I grew up in. My father always appears in them along with my grandparents who are also passed on. Sometimes the dreams are nice, other times they are not so nice as my father was a difficult man to get along with and the dreams would be vivid about it.

I would have to remind myself he is dead and gone and can't treat me like that.

We always want to have all of our memories look perfect and remember stuff through rose colored glasses, but this is not always the case.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

Dreams of Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Ghosts   Dreams of Ghosts I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:52 pm

Very true. I have had a lot lately.
Back to top Go down
OD
Elder Spirit
Elder Spirit
OD

Dreams of Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Ghosts   Dreams of Ghosts I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 11:43 am

I think we all have memories that never leave us.
And if we don't consously remember them, our dreams remind us. scratch
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

Dreams of Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Ghosts   Dreams of Ghosts I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 12:44 pm

I agree with that. Mine were for sure dreams and lately I have had many about my dad. I gather it is because my sister has had a lot of stuff going on in her life. Some tramatic stuff unfortunately. My dreams - when I remember them are lessons. I'm being taught things in my dreams and there seems to be this telepathic thing going on with my dad especially that he needs to teach me things he could not or did not know about when he was alive.

This stuff tends to happen before something bigger happens in my life. Hopefully nothing bad is happening any time soon.

Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Dreams of Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Ghosts   Dreams of Ghosts I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 1:46 pm

I have nicer dreams about my boys where we are doing activities like we used to do. I don't mind dreams like that. The ones I don't like take place I am back to being a young child and do not seem to be in control anymore.

But we do need to remember the bad with the good, otherwise we would do the bad behaviors done to us onto others.
Back to top Go down
OD
Elder Spirit
Elder Spirit
OD

Dreams of Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Ghosts   Dreams of Ghosts I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 7:15 pm

Mercury wrote:
But we do need to remember the bad with the good, otherwise we would do the bad behaviors done to us onto others.

Some do bad because, they remember what was done to them. Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Dreams of Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Ghosts   Dreams of Ghosts I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 8:48 pm

I did my best to break the cycle of hitting and other forms of physical abuse. I never raised a hand on my boys, even though I was told by my parents I should do that.

"Spare the rod, Spoil the child!" was a familiar saying in my house.

The number of ghosts warming about bad people far outnumber the ghosts who cause harm which is a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

Dreams of Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Ghosts   Dreams of Ghosts I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 9:26 am

I see the dream world as another form of our bodies showing us things we in every day life fail to recognize. Mercury those dreams could just be a way to show you that something in your life now makes you feel like that. Could be as simple as money controlling, health controlling you where any child abuse dreams or what not could be a way to get it across the feelings so that you can address it and move on from it.. although when I have dreams about scary things it usually is a monster- which represents "bills" lol

Like that commercial about the phones where the creepy guy knocks down the door? That is me going to the mail box every day.. Lately I'm the only income until my other half's business picks back up for the summer. I hate having dreams about stuff like that. It is a hard thing to address. I have to do a lot of meditation before bedtime so that I can understand not to feel guilty that not everything is with in my control so I am not constantly upset by stuff like that.

I get very agitated by lack of money- who doesn't? But it makes me not an easy person to live with and that is something I have had to address is my anger management. Kicking a box across the room isn't going to change the fact I'm broke most of the time.. so I have to constantly tell my self I'm not a bad soul for being poor. If that makes sense..

In any case what I was trying to say is dreams help us address things in the past to help us move on and heal.

It takes us along tme as human beings I think to get past bad stuff in our past. I have definitely had my share. But we are all better folks now and seem to have found our own ways of healing.

I don't know anyone on here to lack that. =0) you are all wonderful! =0)

sunny

Wilda B. Tanner's book is the best book on dreams though.

I recommend it above all..
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Dreams of Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Ghosts   Dreams of Ghosts I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 1:07 pm

I also think the dreams are a way for us to really confront these demons and deal with them. Many of us do not want to do this and we put it deep down inside us where it can rip to the core of who we are.

I do have issues and was seeing a therapist when I was down South. I am going to find one here and continue that unfinished business.

I do agree with you that dreams are a way of telling us something is wrong or an outlet of our anxieties.

Last night I had two good ones: One about my cats and the other was about my boys.

I do not think we should ignore the dreams and really look into what they are trying to tell us, or what we are trying to tell ourselves.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

Dreams of Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Ghosts   Dreams of Ghosts I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 3:32 pm

How many sons do you have? I think you mentioned before.. I forget easily..
My boyfriends sister just had a son. =0) Day before ST. Pats. She tried to hold out for ST. Pats since they are Notre Dame fans.. but he came 16th instead. .

I think sometimes if I ever have kids I'd rather have sons.. girls are high maitenance =0)
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Dreams of Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Ghosts   Dreams of Ghosts I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 5:37 pm

I have heard a few women say they would prefer sons instead of daughters. One reason is they would be competitive and not in a good way.

I have one adoptive son and three foster boys. I had others stay with me who were not in the system but needed a place to stay.

One woman came to my door and had her son who just turned 13 standing there with her. She pushed him in my house and said "I can't deal with him, please keep him for a week." She ran off as quickly as possible so I tried to find out from him what was going on. Sass mouth, his not having his own room had led to tensions for them (he slept in the living area as it was a one bedroom place which was all she could afford).

It was easy most of the time for me, but I don't let a lot of things upset me like my father did. The boys would drink for the carton or would answer the phone naked and it didn't bother me.

Pick your battles well is a common phrase when it comes to raising kids (and animals).
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

Dreams of Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Ghosts   Dreams of Ghosts I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 4:12 pm

I always wanted a girl if I had kids till my 23 year old niece had two girls by 21 and now that is enough babysitting them. =0)

I love them when they are 4 or 5 then they are fun and crack you up.. when I think of some of the things my 3 1/2 grand (niece .. who has a grand niece at 33??????)

says I laugh. She is kinda the brat but I love her.. she puts her mom in check.. you just never know what she will say!

But given My other half and his family are huge sports fanatics I think raising a boy would be a vacation.. so many people to help especially if he played sports.

Kids keep it real.. =0)
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Dreams of Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Ghosts   Dreams of Ghosts I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 5:14 pm

They do keep it real. I had troubled boys and they could be difficult when trying to deal with the issues that created the trouble in the first place. A teenage boy who was abandoned by his mother at a gas station when he was only five years old will have plenty of troubles in his life.

They have great memories at that age and if the woman thought he would forget about it: I can tell you he still remembers the day vividly.

I don't care if they are boys or girls as long we they are treated with dignity. They still are people, just tiny people.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

Dreams of Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Ghosts   Dreams of Ghosts I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 8:01 pm

I know I think anyone that can help kids are amazing folks so thank youand blessings for making this scary world a better place. My nephew is 17 and has had a difficult time, but my boyfriend being the kind and caring person he is does volunteer coaching for his track team because my ex- brother in law isn't really around. He's in Arizona and can't be around and it's hard on my nephew. I feel too emotional towards kids that have been abused and all that I think I'd have emotional problems from dealing with it. I'm better with animals I think:-/
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Dreams of Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Ghosts   Dreams of Ghosts I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 8:54 pm

I have to turn off those commercials showing abused animals. I know they are trying to make a point, but I just can't deal with what people are capable of.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

Dreams of Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Ghosts   Dreams of Ghosts I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 8:28 am

People are sufficates of greed and malice and yet have the capability of greatness.. sad but true.

I believe in the carnal appetite of humans it is what we are.. by nature.. yet whatever the true missing link is (aliens?) that I believe is where our intelligence and compassion come in.. then again it could be the opposite way around. Perhaps they are the evil genes and the animals are the compassionate part of us. Especially considering the way my dog acts toward me when I'm in a really bear of a mood. =)
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Dreams of Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Ghosts   Dreams of Ghosts I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 1:07 am

My one cat is sleeping on the computer desk as I type this and the female is on the bed on her back all stretched out with her feet and tail in the air. I wish I had a camera as it would be a great picture.

I just can't see how people can be so mean to these trusting and loving animals.

I hope their ghosts do come back to bite those type of people at night.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

Dreams of Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Ghosts   Dreams of Ghosts I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 10:46 am

I have a ghost cat. Unfortunately if one of my cats doesn't get himself back in order I may have 2 ghost cats.. Crying or Very sad

He is 16 and has been going from being very thin to heavy and now thin again. Said could be a parasite, but he doesn't have fleas. I suggested to the vet perhaps it is because he drinks my Betta Fish bowl water - I try to keep him from doing that but not always successful and she did not think so.

He needs professionally groomed now too. I had no clue till the other day his undercoat has a few super matted spots. Even though I pet him. I did some grooming the other day and it is better now, but he is like an old man now. He kinda doesn't really care if he smells either. I love him to death and have sceduled a second blood test of end of April

I'm hoping his issues are very simple and the meds just didn't take. I'm hoping it is still just a parasite.

He has been with me for a very long time. We have put up with one another through good and bad times. He really is my family. So..lets hope hes not sick sick..
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Dreams of Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Ghosts   Dreams of Ghosts I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 12:29 pm

16 is old for a cat although indoor cats live up to 25 years of more. My female cat is 8 years old and I do think about her getting older. I do not want her to go away as she does keep me in line. She also licks my face in the morning and will move me around the bed to suit her needs.

I wish the best for your kitty as it is painful to lose a loved one like that.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

Dreams of Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Ghosts   Dreams of Ghosts I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 3:04 pm

thank you very much. He is my first furkid. =0)
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Dreams of Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Ghosts   Dreams of Ghosts I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 3:36 pm

Tethys13 wrote:
thank you very much. He is my first furkid. =0)

You are making me tear up! I do refer to myself as Daddy to my cats and dogs. My boys called me Dad or by my first name.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Dreams of Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Ghosts   Dreams of Ghosts I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 8:29 am

Don't cry my cat is only nice to me he is kinda a jerk. haha
Back to top Go down
https://preternaturalclub.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Dreams of Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Ghosts   Dreams of Ghosts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dreams of Ghosts
Page 1 of 1