Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Refugees settle in my home town of akron

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

Refugees settle in my home town of akron Empty
PostSubject: Refugees settle in my home town of akron   Refugees settle in my home town of akron I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 9:50 am

While it is nothing new - we have a huge amount of foreigners in Summit County, while I understand people getting angry I do believe me I do! I found some of these comments down right sickening.

The world is a very angry place..

had to share (the article is at the top just click to read it)

http://www.ohio.com/news/local/donations-sought-for-recent-influx-of-refugees-to-akron-1.308478?comments=y
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: Refugees settle in my home town of akron   Refugees settle in my home town of akron I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 1:10 pm

It does seem many in the USA seem to forget our ancestors were in the same boat. While there were no programs at the time, they did have Native Americans feed them during the winter and teach them how to grow the right kind of crops. They never would of survived the winters without the help of the Native population, but that is forgotten along with our charitable hearts.

I bet those people of Nepal will be like the other refugees of Asia and quickly become contributing members of society.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Refugees settle in my home town of akron   Refugees settle in my home town of akron I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 9:28 am

I understand the economic panic here in summit county, we are hungry for jobs here. People here are taking the lower paying jobs that say a "migrant" or a foreigner would take. It is pretty bad.

but on a more hilarious note there were a few comments that I could not help but chuckle at.. I think the comments are sometimes the best part. =0)
Back to top Go down
https://preternaturalclub.forumotion.com
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: Refugees settle in my home town of akron   Refugees settle in my home town of akron I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 2:58 pm

I do read comments on these types of stories as they show how ignorant many people are of these situations. They get all of their talking points from pundits and never look at the big picture out there.

There are parts of many states with big economic downturns. They say the recession is over, but the jobs are always the last thing to recover. Economists say it will take a few years for the rates to get down to pre 2008 levels. Manufacturing jobs are on the increase in the USA which is a good sign.

They do say if the auto industry was allowed to go under, the job losses in the rust belt would be millions more than they are now. Even Ford would of gone under as they rely on the parts suppliers but are too small to support them by themselves.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Refugees settle in my home town of akron   Refugees settle in my home town of akron I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 8:00 am

Manufacturing jobs still don't pay what they used to. they took a pole in our office here and main complaint is from employers people don't want to work.. truth is .. they do.. but for what they were making before. I can't blame them, but at the same time if you have children to feed I think any good parent should do what it takes. Even if for a temporary time period. I just have this pessimistic view of it after doing it for 12 years now..it is not changing any time soon. The entire job market has changed dramatically.

People are still not mentally prepared for the new job market. Things are much more high tech when searching for a job. The basic resume is outdated. Now employers on the east and west coast take "video resumes>"

but as far as the comments go.. anything on yahoo is a good laugh especially when they have updates on that teacher that is living with his ex student of 18 years.. lol I think the people on there should be stand up comedians haha farao
Back to top Go down
https://preternaturalclub.forumotion.com
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: Refugees settle in my home town of akron   Refugees settle in my home town of akron I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 5:02 pm

They are trying to make all states "Right to Work" states which means getting rid of all unions. That will unsure wages remain very low so people have to take two or more jobs just to make ends meet. Gone are the two car families as one now has to take a bus to work.

I do agree with you as when you have mouths to feed you take what you can get.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Refugees settle in my home town of akron   Refugees settle in my home town of akron I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Refugees settle in my home town of akron
Page 1 of 1