Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Danial Home: The first recorded psychic?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Danial Home: The first recorded psychic? Empty
PostSubject: Danial Home: The first recorded psychic?   Danial Home: The first recorded psychic? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 7:43 pm

I had read a book entitled "The First Psychic: The Peculiar Mystery of a Notorious Victorian Wizard" by Dr Peter Lamont about the alleged psychic abilities of one Danial Home from the 1800s. The book does lead one to at first think Mr Home has some great abilities such as levitation and calling floating arms and other limbs to be viewed.

It is an interesting book, and if true, Mr Home would of been up there with Wolf Messing. But the main problem in the the case is Mr Home did all of his stuff during seances and the audience is usually more willing to believe. He also did his abilities in a very dark room, with the possibility of some trickery. He was the first to be tested, and the test results at first sound stunning. But Dr Lamont gives a closer look at how the test was conducted, and one leaves with a feeling Mr Home could of used conjuring and deception to pull it off.

Danial Home is an intriguing character no matter what the case is. I do think the book would make for a fascinating discussion as readers could decide for themselves if Mr Home was the real deal or not.

Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: Danial Home: The first recorded psychic?   Danial Home: The first recorded psychic? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 3:32 pm

this is the first I have heard of Danial Home.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: Danial Home: The first recorded psychic?   Danial Home: The first recorded psychic? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 10:00 pm

I recently heard about him and he is famous in some circles. There is a book about him which was very informative about his life. He is quite different than Wolf Messing, and I did notice they did their abilities in quite opposite directions.

Danial Home seems to be a conjuror, and Wolf Messing appears to be the real deal.

Both men would make a great discussion for future meetings.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: Danial Home: The first recorded psychic?   Danial Home: The first recorded psychic? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 9:49 am

That is true. We occasionally draw from the people behind the sources of powerful abilities. Like when I presented our group with the LeVayan viewpoints of satanic practices.

I think it is interesting to talk about the history or people of things that change the world. It too can be just as preternatural as the unknown.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: Danial Home: The first recorded psychic?   Danial Home: The first recorded psychic? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 8:47 pm

The interesting thing about both personalities is they had contacts with some powerful leaders at the time. I wonder how much influence each did have and what historic events they might of had a hand in?

Even Nancy Reagan consulted an Astrologer, although it is not known to what extent. It is known Ms Reagan had big influence on what her husband did, like most First Ladies. I wonder how many Presidents consulted such people? Much is kept out of the public eye, and it would be interesting to find out who did if any consulted people with preternatural abilities.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: Danial Home: The first recorded psychic?   Danial Home: The first recorded psychic? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 9:12 am

I was so young during the reign of the Reagans. I do recall years later hearing about it and it made me like them better because of it. Basketball
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: Danial Home: The first recorded psychic?   Danial Home: The first recorded psychic? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 8:54 pm

The Christian conservatives didn't like Nancy and even more so when her opinions of them came out. I am sure the use of an astrologer did not go well over them.

It is interesting that Dr John Dee was the Royal Astrologer for Queen Elizabeth I and helped her through some tough times as England rose to a world power.

I have a few books about him on my wish list. He may have had some real abilities when it came to prophecy and making astrological charts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Danial Home: The first recorded psychic?   Danial Home: The first recorded psychic? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Danial Home: The first recorded psychic?
Page 1 of 1