Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why I love debunkers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Why I love debunkers Empty
PostSubject: Why I love debunkers   Why I love debunkers I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 3:44 pm

I thought this fit the out there section as it doesn't really fit any of the other categories.

Recently I have been reading some debunkers or anti-conspiracy theorist blogs. And as a former die hard never thinking for myself conspiracy theorist myself I have to say I LOVE THEM! I used to assume that everything in this world was out to get me. Before I embraced spirituality and excepted my own true carnal self the government scared me and the world seemed so creepy when I read things on the illuminati and what not. But one thing I have learned from being a public servant going on 11.5 years now. The world is a scary place before conspiracy theorists and government cover-ups. You definitely don't need those to get a good scare. Just watch the six o'clock news and see what your neighbors up the road are up to. Need I point out that there are some very sick and twisted every day demonic entities out there? I at one point I would think a lot and get scared, depresseed and in a sense I was being brain washed because I was not allowing myself to rationalize some of the things involved in these conspiracy theories. Not every conspiracy is true. Some are infact Urban Myths that still get brought up over and over after they die out. They get re-born in some form on some other sites. I mean it is no secret we are killing ourselves in some way or another.

Why? You ask someone that forms a site for Preternatural stuff would I love the very people that try to pry apart all of my other beliefs? Because they can be absolutely realistic and hilarious. And some actually use that thing many of us here use called "critical thinking." And who doesn't like to laugh? It can be funny to look back at some of the things and when you rationalize it all you can calm down and know "all is not lost."

Perfect example is a more common sense debunker known as Muertos. If anyone ever did pose good common sense in their reasoning it is him. I am not one that usually takes everything at face value. I need to marinate in new knowledge before I can really get INTO it. Love it and all that.

He is pretty funny about his reasoning too. That shows me that people that can in a sense admit to fault and make fun of them selves can indeed have an opinion in my eyes worthy of respect. Even if I do not totally agree with all of it I can at least appreciate a blogger that thinks mainly for himself.

If you want to debunk by all means you may do so here. I do dislike the die hard folks that get really nasty even if they do it with a fake smiley - truth is if you are being an arsehole I will know you are by the way you pose your lack of respect toward people just adding a smiley doesn't really fit if you are calling someone stupid because they don't agree with why you are an atheist or have a strong belief in ghosts. God forbid someone have an out of body experience and can't have their own opinion on it because it was indeed personal to them! GASP! Shocked This sort of behavior has happened to me when I belonged to a tv forum. Really was I not allowed to have my own opinion? Was I not really allowed to hate where a storyline was going just because you say it can't be so?

So be nice please.

But if you want to debunk me and my beliefs feel free. Just don't do it to be cruel for your own self esteem. Behind every cruel forum nerd is a acne kid. Very Happy Just kidding. What I am saying is there are plenty of nasty boards on the internet that welcome that sort of behavior and lots to agree with you because you are so very wonderful after all. cheers (sarcasm hinted towards the meanies..)

At least support your opinion so that I and others can have a reason to respect you for your lack of belief. I do not judge you here. You have a right to your opinion. You have a right to a feeling. But I do love a good debunker and what I mean by this ranting is that I love one that can a. present good research to why they believe or disbelieve b. have a sense of humor no overly strun anger please. c. know how to listen or in the case of a forum READ. affraid

I honestly am not one that succombs to a lot of that negativity either. I dislike that sort of doom and gloom. I don't want to create a board that thrives on scare tactics. I will leave that to other forums like Godlike Productions etc. I have created this forum mainly for creating a change of thought. A good friend of mine told me once and she made a good point "Surround yourself with good things and good things will happen." So thanks Sam pirat . And to the rest of us out there what you think becomes reality. So let us think more positive on here and maybe that will help the universe become a better place. I purposely did not create a Conspiracy board on here. I don't care if people talk about them but I don't want to fuel that fire and create what I would call a "scare tactic forum." Only truth here provided researach is associated with it. I am not saying I don't want people to have discusions about conspiracies. I am fine with that. Just in moderation and in good sense and respect! cat

With that I leave you with one of the funniest things I have read muertos say about one of my favorite writers on the subject of alien abduction, Whitley Strieber. I have mentioned before I do not necessarily believe all of what Strieber says on the subject as he goes from one extreme to another. I found this article when researaching some of his claims. Things I had long thought myself I found someone blogging about and saying exactly what I had thought for a while. It isn't mean spirited just to the point. I promise you will get a good chuckle. Kind of like that kid in school that you knew was a horses butt yet you laughed even if it were on the inside. bounce Smile

http://muertos.blog.com/2010/12/27/communion-at-25-whitley-striebers-alien-claims-re-examined-part-i/

I do hope I have not offended anyone visiting this board that is not my intent. I am simply encouraging "rage against the machine" behavior. Critical thinking on one side is very boring. Enjoying differences of opinion and teaching and mentoring others in how to be "thinkers" is original school of thought. Let's make Plato proud by not jumping to conclusions.

I love you

Back to top Go down
https://preternaturalclub.forumotion.com
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: Why I love debunkers   Why I love debunkers I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 10:41 pm

I really love the show Penn & Teller: Bullshit! as it is not only hilarious but quite knowledgeable. Penn and Teller host this profanity laced show on all kinds of subjects. Bottled water, fast food and lawns are among some of the subjects held for scrutiny. The lawn one was much more interesting than I thought it could be.

They also delve on subjects like astrology (last night reran the episode) and sensitivity training. They hold nothing back, and there is plenty of information to be gleaned.

I bookmarked the site of Muertos to read up on his articles.

I also love to look at skeptical sites as it does keep us on our toes. We need to look to see if there are valid criticisms of the subject and address them. It is not surprising there are many flaws out there.

Some skeptic sites use the same old arguments and do not add to the discussion.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: Why I love debunkers   Why I love debunkers I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 10:54 pm

I love that show. The only one I didn't care for was on the Ouija. But the one on fast food- super funny. The one on lawns was crazy. Just in the sense those housing developments are insane! Putting someone in jail over not cutting grass is just crazy.

Bottled water= classic! cheers
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: Why I love debunkers   Why I love debunkers I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 8:17 pm

I have recently been watching Showtime and I have a lot of episodes to catch up on with Penn & Teller. I saw the one on teen sex and not only was it funny, but very true.

I have not seen the Ouija Board one yet, but they show them late Thursday nights. I may disagree with some of their ideas, but I do think they take a funny approach to these subjects. We all need a sense of humor, and their show on Sensitivity Training showed that!

Lawns are unnatural!
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: Why I love debunkers   Why I love debunkers I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 10:30 pm

I can only imagine what those two think of celebrity ghost stories:-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why I love debunkers   Why I love debunkers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why I love debunkers
Page 1 of 1