Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

True Blood

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:58 pm

One of Televisions most popular tv shows about vampires. Honestly can't believe I haven't put it on here before but here is a lovely preview to this new Season 5 that has just started..

https://youtu.be/p1S0HY0iNq8
Back to top Go down
https://preternaturalclub.forumotion.com
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 4:00 pm

I was going to put this series here as I am addicted to it. I have to get the earlier episodes (just like Game of Thrones) to catch up as I started watching season four in the middle of it.

Chris Meloni is having a great time in his role as head of the Vampire Authority. Vampires, Wolves*, Shapeshifters, Ghosts, Faeries and other creatures of the night are featured.

It is a fun series to watch as they are in the middle of changing the dynamics to freshen it up. It is a great show to sink one's teeth into (sorry!).

*I refer to them as wolves since they are not true werewolves. Werewolves are half human, half wolf type creatures. It is my only complaint with the series.

Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 3:10 pm

Last night's episode was one of the best as it dealt with Tara who is now a vampire. Very cool to see the world through a vampire's point of view (stars at night and her healing wounds).

Pam is also my favorite and it will be fun to see her have to help out the vampire she made.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 1:11 pm

Oh I love pam and last season was not so great but this season is a little more plausible. I do NOT like the Faerie story line though. I felt like it was kind of stupid mingled in with all the dark forces. I would have preferred her to be something other than part alien/ faerie.

And I'm over Bill but love Eric. Im not a fan of her shagging the wolf man..

but Tara is in a sense a lot better off as a vamp let's face it as a human she just had wayyyy tooooooo mannyyyy issues..

can't wait for Tara's mom to see she is a Vamp though hahaha in earlier episodes her mom is like this holy roller ex druggy. So it is funny to watch Tara always going off on her mom over that bible stuff haha
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 3:41 pm

I do think the Terry flashback story line is dull. I love what they are doing with Bill and Erik as they need something to keep them interesting. I love Tara and Chris Meloni steals all the scenes he is in.

Not sure about the faery storyline either. I didn't see the earlier one, but I hope if they do it they make it different and interesting.

Sooki is also interesting and I would like to see her stop feeling sorry for herself and embrace her darker element.

I do think Lilith is going to pop up and that will make it quite fun.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 4:21 pm

Last night's episode was quickly paced which I liked. I even liked the silly fire monster storyline with Terry. At least it better fits with the series.

Great cliffhanger with the meeting of Russel at the end.

Tara rules as a vampire, but don't mess with Pam.

Eric just needs to kill Bill. Eric is over a thousand years older than him and shouldn't take that crap from a junior vampire even if he was King of Louisiana.

I can't wait until next week. I hope they do more with Roman (Chris Meloni) as they seem to just feature him sulking around lately.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 3:22 pm

Last night's episode was another good one. Russel is back and badder than ever. The cliffhanger was resolved only to have another one which makes me wonder if Chris Meloni only signed on for a short arc. But, these are all vampires and we know anything can happen here.

Who killed Sooki and Jason's parents? I will guess Bill did.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 12:32 pm

I was thinking that too. But at the same time it would completely destroy their friendship if they went with that I could see Eric doing that.. he is already the big bad guy most of the time. At least he was till he lost his memory last season and admitted to being in love with Sooki (who is actually not on my nerves yet this season..) I'm thinking writers will say it was Russel since he has been chasing after sooki's blood for years. That would be the user friendly version.. I could be way wrong, or hey maybe it is Lillith!!! whooo hooo that would be fun lol!
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 2:06 pm

I do think Lilith will appear maybe at the season finale. I also think Chris Meloni somehow survives as he didn't splatter into goo after being staked. Or maybe he is in on the plot with Russell.

I do hope the use Chris Meloni more as he makes an awesome vampire.

The Terry storyline is still silly even with a smoke monster after them. I thought it would be interesting, but it takes up too much time.

I also want to see more of Alfre Woodward as she is always good in any role. The scene where she told Lafayette it was for him when she saw the head next to her bed was priceless.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 1:02 pm

I agree about Chris Maloni. He was always awesome on SVU and according to my late father amazing in OZ..I won't watch OZ though. Not my thing..Plus he is nice eye candy for us ladies Laughing

Terry should be a character they just do away with.. they could introduce a new character in his place..I think his storyline IS CHEESEY and boring..and I don't really care about him. At least they are finally talking about the faeries. I thought last two seasons did it very very badly. It was lost on me.

Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 3:35 pm

I did read Chris only did a five episode arc on the show, but since he didn't explode he might of shot more in secret. (They do things like that to fool the audience.)

With Terry leaving his family, they might just write him out. Alan Ball is stepping down from day to day running of the show so the new producers can take the show in a new direction and get rid of the dead weight. Alan wanted to stay true to the books, but it doesn't always translate well to the screen.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 8:30 am

I have not read the books, I read Chris Maloni is in more episodes but mostly flashbacks. seems like a waste of a great actor.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 2:14 pm

Chris has a busy film schedule ahead so he might of opted for a smaller role. He still had fun in the show and also shot a super secret role for the upcoming Superman The Man of Steel movie.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 3:08 pm

Oh Jesus Mary and Jobe another Superman movie??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

What is wrong with Hollyweird? Were the first 25 movies not good enough??
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 4:27 pm

Don't worry, Chris Nolan of The Dark Knight fame is involved in this one. Warner Brothers also needed to reboot this one or they would have to bid for the rights again. Superman is in a legal battle with the heirs of its creator.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 1:04 pm

If they ever try to reboot my all time favorite graphic novel into a remake I will go Ape $#^>
(see the entertainment section for today 7/22/12)
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 3:59 pm

One is in development although there is still a chance it will not be made. However, given the large box office numbers superhero and comic book/graphic novels generate I think someone will try this property.

Here is a teaser trailer of the Superman reboot The Man of Steel. The names behind it are quality names and hopefully they will do it right:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jKWJZsjm5U
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 4:26 pm

They hallucinated Lilith last night when they were high on her blood. Rather cool episode, but they need to get rid of the smoke monster story line once and for all.

It seems like they are headed for a major confrontation with humans and vampires. I wonder if they really will bring back Lilith as I have predicted.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 1:05 pm

Lilith turned out to be a hallucination this time, but I do think the real Lilith will show up on the season finale. Bill is acting strange and I am wondering why he is sticking with the authority. Is this all a start for a war between the vampires and humans?

Lafeyette dealing with Terry and the fire monster was funny, but I do want them to wrap that story line up. I thought adding the monster might make it interesting but it is more silly than anything.

I am intrigued by who that vampire who killed Sooki's parents is. I think he might be someone we have not met before.

I also wish the werewolves on this show would be true werewolves and not regular doggie type wolves. Not scary at all and more like shifters who are limited to one animal. I would prefer to be a shifter and soar like a hawk every now and again.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 9:17 am

I think the vamp is our man chris in ghost form. Godrich can be a ghost why can't he? that is why she is so easily connected to him.

it would make sense since he is slotted to do flash back scenes.

Bill is up to no good as usual and as usual I wish Sooki would have stayed with Eric.. crazy as he seems sometimes he is far more stable of a person.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 3:13 pm

They finally wrapped up two storylines which weren't going anywhere fast. The Igrit (smoke monster) and the hate group one. I did think it was fun watching Larry of Newhart having a blast with his role as the sheriff.

I hope this Lilith storyline goes somewhere as it seems to be at a crawl. They didn't give Chris Meloni much to do and I was hoping to see something happen. I do think it would be interesting to see what would happen if vampires declared war on humans. But that would take all the series time, so I hope they resolve this one quickly.

I do like Russel as he is a bad ass. I also am thinking the real Lilith shows up on the season finale (there will be a season 6).
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 1:02 pm

I love Russel more and more and last night showed why. He is a very powerful vampire and can easily take down all of the others. I now wonder if Warlowe (or however that name is spelled) could be Russel as he knows about faery blood and its ability to allow vampires to become day walkers.

Hoyt saying goodbye and having his memory erased was a sad moment. I was not big on the storyline, but it was done very well in the end.

I also thought the shifters as mice was cute, but I do wish the werewolves were true werewolves. Cute puppies don't cut it for me.

Also, it seems like it is awfully easy to kill a vampire. Chopsticks in the heart? Come on! Sunlight, decapitation and burning should be the ways to do it. Wooden bullets give humans too much of an edge and silver is for use against werewolves.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:57 am

The fact Russell knows about it I believe stemmed from Bill's research on sookie early on. He was pretending to be nice to her as we later found out to get information on her. Only after getting to know her did he begin to care about her. Bill is and was no saint.

I feel more and more like Sookie's true love on the show is ERIC they are strangely very like minded more and more. I seriously wish they would confront that truth Bill makes me sick. Cant stand him.

Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 3:43 pm

They could kill off Bill and I would be happy. Eric is far more interesting a character.

I would love to see Cathy Lee Crosby brought in as a Moon or Witch Goddess. She has done those types of roles in the 1970s and still looks amazing now:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004848/

She may be pushing 70, but she also could inject new blood into this series.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 6:26 pm

Good episode last night as Russel looked for some Faery blood to consume. I am wondering if Lilith is real with the blood showing up after she appears. I am glad they are wrapping up the Authority storyline as it didn't seem to go anywhere.

Pam getting arrested is sad, but she is a survivor and important in the series. Unless the actress doesn't want to do season six, which is always possible.

Eric and his vampire sister are out of there. I see these vampires can fly which is cool.

Next week is the finale until next June. Those 12 episodes go by fast!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

True Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

True Blood
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next