Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

True Blood

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

True Blood - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 3:34 pm

Spoilers Ahead!

Last night was the season finale and it gets a pass from me. After very slow and disappointing season wasting such good cast members, we finally saw some traction. Was it too little too late?

Russel, Salome and the Sharon Osbourne vampire all bit the dust which was no real surprise. Again, Russel is a 3000 year old vampire and all it took was a twig in the woods to kill him? (I know Eric was the one to kill Russel, but still.)

Alcide becomes the new pack master to the doggies by killing the v addicted pack master. Until real werewolves show up, I wish these dogs would go away.

Andy's faery girlfriend gave birth to four baby girls and left them for him to raise. One way to kill a series is to introduce a baby storyline. I hope they know what they are doing. Remember Cousin Oliver?

Sam and Luna get their daughter out of the compound as well as Pam and the rest of the gang are rescued by Eric. Lots of vampire gore as wooden bullets do the trick here.

I was glad to see the Authority storyline taken care of, but it ruined the full season.

Bill did drink the blood of Lilith and died. Then the pool of blood became Bill again, but he seemed more like Lilith. The show ended on this note.

I don't know where they are going to go with this one. Is Bill now the new villain?

I predicted Lilith would turn out to be real and I was wrong on that one. I had hoped that was the case as I wanted someone new to mix things up a bit. The season started off as ambitious, but then kept the characters inside that compound as well as those silly side storylines.

Let's hope season six turns out to be much better.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 7:55 am

The show is shorter in length instead of 12 we get like 10 episodes.

drives me batty.
Back to top Go down
https://preternaturalclub.forumotion.com
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 3:35 pm

Rutger Hauer is cast to star as a character named Macklyn on True Blood:

http://www.thewrap.com/tv/article/rutger-hauer-sinks-his-teeth-true-blood-season-6-59326

It looks like we might now know who plays the vamp out to get poor Sooki. A new show runner is also starting up so hopefully season 6 is much better than the past season.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 2:19 pm

After last year's season finale, it seemed there was no where to go but up with the new season 6. The show did get off to a bang as we found out what happened to Bill. There was a funny plot line involving Sheriff Andy and his new faery daughters. Morlow was introduced and will be a powerful vampire baddie.

The good news:

Bill has become a very powerful vampire but is the same person. Wooden stakes or bullets do not affect him. The other vampires explode when they are shot by a small piece of wood.

The bad news:

Get rid of those wolves and bring in some real werewolves. Dogs are cute and not scary. I wonder why they all of a sudden decided a werewolf was a person who transformed into a wolf instead of a man-beast?

The season got off to a good start but no one major bit the dust.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 3:46 pm

It seems that Rutger Hauer is not Morlow but Jason and Sooki's Grandfather. He is planning to help her stop Morlow but some are still saying he is Morlow and not the Faerie Grandfather.

I love Sheriff Andy's short but cute scene with the four faerie girls. I hope they spend a bit more time on him as the show needs a bit more humor now.

Bill found out he is not Lilith nor is he a vampire god. Lilith lives in another dimension and needs him to stop something bad from happening to the vampire population. We also find out Bill gets premonitions and his big one tonight has all the vampires we know in a room being destroyed by Sunlight. Rumor is Eric is leaving the show so he probably will be toast. I was hoping they would clean house on some cast members anyways.

I don't like the shapeshifting dogs one bit. Bring on real werewolves as they are really scary. Not afraid of a puppy, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: spoilers   True Blood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 5:08 pm

Well, Bill can't take sunlight as we found out in Episode 3. He does want faerie blood to create some kind of antidote to protect the vampires from the UV room he saw in his vision.

I really do like Rutger Hauer and his role as the Faerie King.

Lafayette is back in true sarcastic form.

Eric on the run with the vamps, not sure about this one.

Also, is Bill a good guy or a bad guy?

Still, the show is much better than the terrible season 5.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: spoilers   True Blood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 2:17 pm

Ben is Warlow and Sooki knows it.

Bill has to deal with Andy's four possibly dead faerie daughters Jessica drained. Andy won't be happy when he sees this and the vampires are history.

Sam finally morphed into a useful creature (horse).

Tara and Pam have been annoying as Hell. Time to cut them loose if we can't have them back the way they were.

I hope Rutger Hauer returns to the show. It appears he was banished through the portal.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 2:56 pm

crap I read this #spoilers haha
it is okay though.. I do love this season so far and am I wrong in saying how easy it was to know Ben was Warlow? I knew it!!
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 5:26 pm

In the first episode everyone thought Rutger would turn out to be Warlow. But then Ben came along in the sunlight and I wondered if he had found a way to become a daywalker. I do put spoilers down in the title line, but it isn't very big.

We still could be wrong, but if Ben is Warlow he is toast.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: spoilers   True Blood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 1:49 pm

Warlow had to obey Bill since Lilith has possessed him to help save the other vampires.

I really don't want this camp thing to play out all season long, but there are only ten episodes this time. The Authority story line played out too long and this might too.

I keep hearing about a big death this season. My guess is it is going to be Eric.

The show has been renewed for season 7.

I am really liking Andy. Some good acting from the actor who portrays him.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: SPOILERS AHEAD!   True Blood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 4:14 pm

MAJOR SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!

The major death this season happened as Terry was shot and killed after a vampire erased his bad memories. I hoped they would find a way to stop it as Terry forgot he had ordered a hit on himself. Some don't consider Terry a major character (I look at him as a supporting one but he did get a few storylines) and are thinking another character will bite the dust. I hope they are wrong as then it will probably be Eric.

I don't like the fact that a blood disease can actually affect a vampire. I figured they fed off the sick and diseased so they would not be found out.

Bill (or Billith as many fans call him) drank Warlow's half faerie blood and walked in the sunlight. He met with the governor over a barrage of wooden bullets hitting him in his heart. He then ripped off the guv's head as he went to save the others from their fates.

Only three more episodes to go in this rather short season and then we have to wait another year. I like how it has picked up and is much improved over last season.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: !!SPOILERS!!   True Blood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:39 pm

!!SPOILERS!!

Eric's 'sister' Nora died in last night's episode from a new blood disease created just for vampires. I think it is a lame thing to have as these vampires seem to be destroyed from just about everything.

Basically a slower episode with Billith begging Sookie again to help him with saving the vampires (you know she will in the end).

Terry had a $2 million life insurance policy taken out by him.

Billith and Andy make amends about his three faerie daughters.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: !!SPOILERS!!   True Blood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 1:17 pm

Episode 8 had an angry Eric, a whiny Sooki, a demanding Bill and a silver fox named Sam.

I hope this show finds its calling as it is all over the place. I like Andy's moments the best and he only gets a minute's worth of air time. That is not saying much for this show.

Eric getting angry was good, and I think it will be him to save the vampires.

I do have one major problem with this whole storyline: If Bill is so God damn powerful, why doesn't he break the vampires loose by himself? He doesn't need Sooki, Warlow or any other help.

Still, I like the show as it is different and a bit unpredictable. But they need to establish rules and follow them.

As for Sooki, just blast out that fiery faerie ball and be done with your powers. That way we won't have to hear you whining about vampires, and other creatures since you will be human.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Again, Major SPOILERS!   True Blood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 1:48 pm

This episode had the funeral of Terry which went on a bit too long. Still, it was good to see all the main non-vamp characters together. I also liked the grandmother and her very un-PC comments. What a hoot!

As for the vampires, I was right as Eric came to the rescue although it was Bill the vampires in the room fed on. The minor character of the vampire reverend was killed in the sun as Eric refused to let him feed on Bill and held him in the sunlight to burst into flames.

The vampires all danced around in the sunlight. Does this mean they can walk in the daylight now? Are they immune to wooden bullets? I guess we will find out a bit more in next week's season finale.

The show has picked up, and now it is time to take it to another direction. I like how this season is much better than last year.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: !!!SEASON FINALE SPOILERS!!!   True Blood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:18 pm

The show appears headed for a new direction for season 7. Season 6 was a much better improvement over season 5, but still had a few problems of pacing.

There were no real surprises for me as I guessed what would probably happen before it did. Still, it was a very well done season finale. Here is a brief recap with MAJOR SPOILERS:

Warlowe turned bad (I figured he was putting on an act as he did eat the faerie compound) and told Sookie she would marry him. He ended up biting the dust when Naill (the Faerie King played by Rutger Hauer) returned and grabbed while Jason staked him. When Warlowe bit the dust, the vampires all lost their day walking abilities.

Bill returned to normal before the staking of Warlowe so only his day walking abilities were affected.

Eric is shown on a mountaintop reading a book naked during the day. When all vampires lose their day walking abilities, we see Eric burst into flames. The camera fades out before his body melts, so it is possible he burrowed into the snow and survived. Most think Eric is dead, but it is possible he might show up again.

Six months pass and the Hepatitis V virus has morphed and many vampires are infected with it. They are zombie like creatures roaming the countryside attacking and killing people. Vampires not infected make a pact with humans (partnering with non-affected humans for blood) for protection. The ending of the show is like the ending of the second season of Game of Thrones with a huge horde of vampire zombies showing up to attack the town. The credits start to role and we have to wait until June 2014 to find out what happens.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 6:05 pm

Well, it looks like Eric did not die after all. The show runner has stated Eric will be back as a series regular. I wondered since we didn't see him melt into a goo after bursting into flames.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 7:03 pm

Season 7 will be the final season of True Blood on HBO. It will consist of 10 episodes and hopefully go out with a bang.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 8:42 am

I felt the last two episodes were slightly disappointing - except for the volley ball scene haha how funny was that?

Hopefully Bill or Eric end up with Suki - I can't stand Alcide even with his 14 pack abs. He annoys the hell out of me.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 3:23 pm

Many people thought the cliffhanger was too reminiscent of Game of Thrones with the hordes of vampires getting ready to attack.

I do hope season seven is a really good one to end the show on a high note. Five was bad and six was quite improved. But looking back at it there were several small problems with stretching out the storyline.

As for Sooki: Those vampires are bad news so of course she will wind up with one or both of them. I like Eric more than Bill so hopefully he doesn't get totally barbequed so he can come back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: True Blood   True Blood - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

True Blood
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2