Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cult Japanese Movies

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Cult Japanese Movies Empty
PostSubject: Cult Japanese Movies   Cult Japanese Movies I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 8:16 pm

TCM aired a movie called Hausu (House 1977) on its Underground Theatre last Friday night. It was one of the strangest movies I have ever seen.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076162/

It centers on seven young girls who are supposed to go to summer camp. When they can't go for some reason, they all go to Gorgeous' Aunt's house. (Not only is Gorgeous the name of a character, but so is Fantasy, Kung-Fu and Melody). Of course, the Aunt is behaving strangely, and we soon wonder if she is human.

It is part fantasy, horror, haunted house and love story. Wonderful visuals and very entertaining to watch. It is fun to not know what is going to happen next.

Any fans of unusual movies out there?
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: Cult Japanese Movies   Cult Japanese Movies I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 10:35 am

the original "THE EYE" was good.

and Sarah Michelle Gellars "The Return" was good but not for everyone.

I like off the wall dark comedies. Independent movie channel has some good ones.

I have to be in the mood though sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: Cult Japanese Movies   Cult Japanese Movies I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 10:34 pm

I used to really like both IFC and Sundance Channel, but they have started interrupting the movies they show with ads. They still show them uncut, but it can be maddening when there is a commercial break.

I also like these offbeat movies and have to be in the mood for them. TCM shows two every Friday night and the other movie channels do have their share.

I need to get Netflix or some program like it, but I don't want the hassle either. I usually wait for them to pop up on pay cable, and they usually do.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: Cult Japanese Movies   Cult Japanese Movies I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:12 am

I like the fact time Warner does have the "same day as theatre release" movies. They are usually independent.

Once they are done they usually end up on HBO right after.. like there was never a dvd or anything haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cult Japanese Movies   Cult Japanese Movies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cult Japanese Movies
Page 1 of 1