Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cult Movies in General

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Cult Movies in General  Empty
PostSubject: Cult Movies in General    Cult Movies in General  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 10:54 pm

There are some wonderful cult movies out there and I have always been a fan of them. I define a cult movie as a small budget movie which has a niche audience. Some are movies which bombed at the box office, but have a tiny following. Here are a few cult movies:

Incubus (1966) stars William Shatner in this movie about a group of demonic people who feed on human souls. It is a cult for the use of the language Esperanto. I recommend watching it in the original Esperanto language and not a dubbed version.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059311/

Any John Waters movie. I have seen a few of the early works and they are very strange to say the least. Tasteless is a mild word to describe some of these movies. He is known for hit movies such as Hairspray, but his early works are an acquired taste.

The Lost Boys was a big flop when it came out, but found a following when it came out on VHS. One of the better vampire movies out there and fun to watch.

Who here has a cult favorite which gets overlooked?
Back to top Go down
OD
Elder Spirit
Elder Spirit
OD

PostSubject: Re: Cult Movies in General    Cult Movies in General  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 12:38 am

Streets of Fire
(sorry not allowed to post link)
so just google it.

50's Rock & Roll Fantasy.
Good music, car chase, and fight scene with rail road hammers.

Cult Movies in General  Roadster
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: Cult Movies in General    Cult Movies in General  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 8:30 pm

Streets of Fire was good and it did not earn any box office. I don't know why it wasn't successful, but it has a small cult following.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088194/

The 5000 Fingers of Dr T is a strange one by Dr Seuss. It was a live action movie about a boy named Bart and a baddie named Mr Terwilliker. If the names sound familiar, Matt Groening used them and the movie as an inspiration for his work on The Simpsons.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0045464/

Very colorful and interesting movie.
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: Cult Movies in General    Cult Movies in General  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 9:29 pm

TCM aired a cult movie last night (Friday Jan 27, 2012) by the name of Possession:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082933/

It is unintentionally funny, and many rave at how intense the movie is. I thought it was one of the most over acted pieces of sh!t I have ever seen in my life. I laughed at many of the scenes which were supposed to be the most intense. The thing is, this movie could of been made very well and could of been one of the best in the genre. Don't even get me started on the creature!

It has a lot of love, but I admire it for its pure kitsch. cherry

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cult Movies in General    Cult Movies in General  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 4:01 pm

There are a few of the same name as well.
Back to top Go down
https://preternaturalclub.forumotion.com
LoSt iN ThOuGhT
Vampire Slayer
Vampire Slayer
LoSt iN ThOuGhT

PostSubject: Re: Cult Movies in General    Cult Movies in General  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 6:26 pm

Movies are my bread and butter I write reviews on another forum. (well not so much lately)

This movie has quite a following...1935 directed by George Cukor, starring Katherine Hepburn, Cary Grant and Edmund Gwenn...Sylvia Scarlet

A very off-beat comedy/drama.
Widower Henry Scarlett, Edmund Gwenn, gets in trouble with the law in France and escapes to England with his daughter Sylvia, who disguises herself as a boy..Sylvester, to help avoid detection.

They join forces with a con man Jimmy Monkley,Cary Grant, then, after a brief career in crime, meet Maudie Tilt, a giddy, sexy cockney housemaid who joins them in the new venture of entertaining at resort towns from a caravan.

Through all this, amazingly no one recognizes that Sylvia is not a boy....

It is quite an oddity. Everybody hated it when it first came out. Cukor offered to make another movie without pay if RKO would agree to shelve the picture.
Cukor would say it was the one embarrassing blot on his and Hepburn's careers.

Its Cult status was brought about when it started being shown in the 60's, on college campuses and in Art House theatres...

Cult Movies in General  Sylvia_scarlet

---------------------------------------------------
Liquid Sky 1982

Few movies are specifically tailored for appeal to those on controlled substances, here's one film though. What you have is a great number of lifeless and disturbed people having sex with Margaret, then dying. Aliens come to Earth looking for heroin but find that the chemicals produced by human brains during orgasm are even better. So they park their flying saucer, it's about two feet wide, on top Margaret's apartment and begin killing everyone who has sex with her. Then we have a barely understandable German scientist who is studying the aliens, at least he describes the plot to us. Throw in a crazy girlfriend and a few other weirdos to fill gaps. Margaret finally goes completely bonkers, it's difficult to find that special someone when everybody you sleep with dies, and gets vaporized.

------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cult Movies in General    Cult Movies in General  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cult Movies in General
Page 1 of 1