Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vampire Diaries vs. Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Vampire Diaries vs. Buffy the Vampire Slayer Empty
PostSubject: Vampire Diaries vs. Buffy the Vampire Slayer   Vampire Diaries vs. Buffy the Vampire Slayer I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 10:29 am

Different shows, but similarities abound.. only in the Vampire Diaries you hate the slayers,.

I was going to start a separate thread titled VAMPIRE CLUB as an extension of this but there are basically 2 members that watch both shows.. unless someone out there starts watching all the VD 1-3 and the newer episodes.

SPOILERS AHEAD..

Main reason I was thinking of this thread is because there seems to be a good vamp vs. a bad vamp love triangle going on in VD this season and that was Buffy season 5-7 and I'm still in awe that the writing of the shows have become so similar I almost know where they are going.

both have a powerful witch = check
both have a love triangel = check
both have slayers = check

granted it is going in a mildly different direction than creator Joss Wheadon did for his characters at the end of Buffy

However for those other comic con nerds like myself out there I eat this sybolism crap up!

I can't help it. I wish more people liked VD in my age group.. (i have found a large number of women in their 60's that watch Vampire Diaries who also loved Buffy)

I am beginning to think you have to be either 14 or 60...=0)

more thoughts coming soon.
Back to top Go down
https://preternaturalclub.forumotion.com
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Diaries vs. Buffy the Vampire Slayer   Vampire Diaries vs. Buffy the Vampire Slayer I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 3:49 pm

I am going to have to start watching Vampire Diaries. After a disappointing fifth season of True Blood, I need a fresh take on the vampire world. I still can't believe they kill off vampires with silver (silver is for werewolves) and did Russel in with a twig.

I loved Buffy and if there are good similarities I can try out Vampire Diaries.

I don't see a problem with making this into a sub topic as future members might be fans of the shows as well.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Diaries vs. Buffy the Vampire Slayer   Vampire Diaries vs. Buffy the Vampire Slayer I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 9:12 am

yeah I was thinking that too. Or at least for the Halloween fall season.. people tend to be more interested in it. One thing about the vampire diaries.. difinitely a TEEN drama but it is so nasty most of the time. They are ruthless where true blood has the naked stuff vampire diaries can't because it is on the cw so there is more violent deaths.. I was watching last season where they showed the vamp ripping off people's heads Sad Crazy..
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Diaries vs. Buffy the Vampire Slayer   Vampire Diaries vs. Buffy the Vampire Slayer I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 3:08 pm

It is funny, show a bare ass on broadcast TV and they get all pissed off about it. Show heads being torn off and blood and brains splattering all over the place and they don't care.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Diaries vs. Buffy the Vampire Slayer   Vampire Diaries vs. Buffy the Vampire Slayer I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 2:57 pm

I know.. it may be quite insane..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Diaries vs. Buffy the Vampire Slayer   Vampire Diaries vs. Buffy the Vampire Slayer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vampire Diaries vs. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Page 1 of 1