Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What is your favorite UFO case out there?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

What is your favorite UFO case out there? Empty
PostSubject: What is your favorite UFO case out there?   What is your favorite UFO case out there? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 11:07 pm

There are some very good UFO cases out there and it is difficult to pick a favorite. I have a few in mind, but I am going to start this off by naming the most popular one known to ufologists: The Betty and Barney Hill abduction.

There are so many reasons why this one is considered the best by me;

1. Barney Hill not only put in a report of the incident before his hypnotic regression, he drew some very eerie drawings of the ship and the strange otherworldly beings he witnessed that night.

2. Two, not one but two radar confirmations of an unknown object by two separate military bases at the same time in the area Betty and Barney were at. Skeptics always cry for physical evidence and radar images, so here it is. They then dismiss these as radar malfunctions. Go figure.

3. Scuff marks in the shoes and the torn dress with the mystery pink stain are other aspects of physical evidence. The substance was analyzed and was not identified other than being organic in nature.

4. The Star Map. This is heavily debated evidence, but has some good reasons for further study.

Although many are not thrilled by hypnotic regression as it can lead to fantasy (I am among them), I do think since this is one of the first cases out there and the person conducting it was not looking for ET it needs to be taken seriously. The parts of the recordings out there show Betty and Barney being terrified of their ordeal.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite UFO case out there?   What is your favorite UFO case out there? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 10:06 am

1. Roswell - just loved the case and the town has a creep factor to it. Very supernatural to the feel.

2. my second favorite was an off the cuff case Cash-Landrum Incident

for those that don't know the two women were on a drive with the one's grandson in the backseat. They looked up saw this UFO over their car and it was bright and hot and they got out of the car to see it. What happened was after they got out military helicopters showed up and seemed to chase it away (from my recollection) and when one of the women went to get in her car the car was so hot to the touch that it burnt her. Supposedly there was a hand print and never had a photograph.

Years later they filed a complaint due to health problems suffered as a result and the case was thrown out.

I always believed them because they had photos of the burns. It also had that creepy factor - here was the grandson of one of the victims with his little old granny and then there was this creepy UFO ship that almost killed them- even with grandma you aren't safe!
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite UFO case out there?   What is your favorite UFO case out there? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 11:43 pm

The Cash-Landrum Incident is also one of the saddest ones due to the tragic nature of what happened to the witnesses.

I also like the Father Gill Incident from Papua New Guinea. This is one case that is well known (for the most part) for its reliable witness in the reverend. The incident happened in the 1950s and is a Close Encounter of the Third Kind. Father Gill and many of his parish were outside when they spotted a UFO. The object came in closer and they noticed it had beings on it. They waved at the beings and the beings waved back. They also communicated via flashlight and this went on for a few hours. The beings appeared to be working on the craft as it floated in the air.

This case has been gone over and all of the people who knew Father Gill attested to his character. I do know I would of loved to have been there, actually communicating with extraterrestrials.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite UFO case out there?   What is your favorite UFO case out there? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:22 am

That does sound cool. Basketball

I can only imagine what they would say. We think they would be all serious or something but who knows maybe they are goofy. (I'm picturing Roger from American DAD) If you are not familiar you can watch it on youtube. It is a little resque humor. But funny as heck!
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite UFO case out there?   What is your favorite UFO case out there? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:47 pm

My brother is a big fan of that show and I watch it sometimes.

The scariest encounter is the Flatwoods Monster one:

A group of teenagers and an adult (Mrs May mother of a couple) saw an object land on the hill. They went to see what it was and encountered this creature:

What is your favorite UFO case out there? Feschino3-29-2007-19TNb

What is your favorite UFO case out there? Flatwoods%20Monster%20Front%20Cover%20%28B%29

Many artists show the creature with long arms, but according to the witnesses it did not have them. The top image is what the creature looked like from other witnesses in another incident. This happened in Braxton County West Virginia during the late summer of 1952. The witnesses never forgot what they saw, and there is an excellent book about it by Frank Feschino called "Shoot Them Down".
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite UFO case out there?   What is your favorite UFO case out there? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:47 am

I think I am vaguely familiar with that one. And few have mentioned it on the Legendary times forums as well.

I think some of the creepiest cases are the ones that happen in those silent early morning hours before dawn breaks.

I am not sure but I may have had an encounter when I was first really into Whitley Strieber- before I thought he could just be making some of it up.

I had been really into his second book Transformation. I kept praying I would have proof of an alien existing. I was 22 ears old at the time and hightly impressionable.

I happened to be riding in the car with my mother one evening in the winter of 2000 and I was looking up at the sky as I often did and I saw a Green light fall from the sky and I am certain it was not a meteor. I have seen many meteors.

This light had to be falling over our local metro park just behind a cemetary by my old house. It was a little illuminated.

I think in a way that was my confirmation.

I almost immediately got over my "are they real" obsession after that. I believe they are real. That they are of this reality but have abilities beyond our own understanding.

I think they have a sense of humor, the ability to heal and to kill, I think they are far more intelligent than we can understand but also the one thing that does seem consistant with a lot of the material I have read is that they do not have souls.

That is partly the obsession with them and us. We are like a whole other type of being. One that is very emotionally driven. a species that opens to it's desires no matter what they may be.

I think Whitley may have gotten it right in Breakthrough when he was discussing this very thing.

I can only say he is right in philosophy though as he has grown to disappoint me with his outrageous stories over the years. He apparently is a good friend of Stanton Friedman and that shocked me. So either they are good friends to just be f riends or Friedman believes his claims..

better save the Strieber debunking for another day..

but all in all I have been creeped out by a few of those classic cases. The battle over LA is a good case too, but I feel there is so much that could have been done that wasn't at the time and it makes for a hard case to really follow past the "strange blimp like object" and a drill. Still a good read though.

Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite UFO case out there?   What is your favorite UFO case out there? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 8:11 pm

I have not read anything on Mr Friedman about what he has to say about Whitley Strieber or his claims.

I also agree with you on the pre-dawn time being very active when it comes to this phenomena. I wonder if it is because many people are still asleep including night owls who go to bed around 3 or 4 AM. It would be a good time to do what they wish to do and not be disturbed. Scary for us though.

I read Mr Strieber's book "The Wolfen" and loved it. I have yet to read his books on his experiences of extraterrestrial encounters.
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite UFO case out there?   What is your favorite UFO case out there? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 9:41 am

His books are very good, but some parts are poorly written. Not that he doesn't spell correctly or all that, but the way he talks about his experiences can kind of at times bore you to death.

His sequels were much better, but they do leave you with a sort of scratch head scratch.

I think that the work he does as far as allowing people express their beliefs is good and sometimes deliberate.

I like his website and I like his wife. She seems to be the common sense factor he needs or else he may go bonkers.

www.unknowncountry.com

good site. Just take Strieber's research with a grain of salt. ;-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite UFO case out there?   What is your favorite UFO case out there? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite UFO case out there?
Page 1 of 1