Preternatural Research Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum promoting scientific research to back up paranormal experiences

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nature Deities

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Nature Deities Empty
PostSubject: Nature Deities   Nature Deities I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 9:35 pm

There are a lot of nature deities out there and I figured I would list a few here as it is appropriate. Nature was important to the ancients as they still gathered fruits and hunted frequently for food. A few of the Gods and Goddesses are:

Flora (Chloris): Goddess of flowers and plants. Very important to the Romans.
Faunus (Pan): God of wild animals. Both Flora and Faunus live on as we refer to the wildlife with those names.
Green Man (Liber/Dionysus): A long with wine, the Green Man or Liber is also associated with the woods and wildlife.
Ceres (Kar/Demeter): Mother Nature is based on her as she is both a Mother Goddess and a Goddess of Nature.
Diana (Artemis/Hekate): A hunting Goddess, she is always around wild animals and nature.
Ops/Rhea: An ancient Mother Goddess, some say Kybele became these important Goddesses.
Kybele (Cybele): An original nature Goddess who is said to of become Rhea.
Kore (Persephone): Spring Goddess who is very important to the people.
Brigid: Celtic version of Persephone, another Spring Goddess.
Eostera: The holiday Easter is named after this nature Goddess.
Pomona: A nature Goddess of fruit trees. They were so important they had their own Goddess.
Gaea/Terra/Earte: Of course, we need Mother Earth or there would be no plants animals or us!

The city of Pomona California is named after the Goddess of fruit trees:
Nature Deities 8df65e3c-105e-460d-9047-38329987574c
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

Nature Deities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature Deities   Nature Deities I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 9:50 pm

Very cool Cool
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Nature Deities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature Deities   Nature Deities I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 10:11 pm

I was surprised at how many Nature Gods and Goddesses there are. Many are versions of others, but they were all quite important. I do think the many out there were personalized for the people who paid tributes to them.

I also forgot Iris, who is a Rainbow and Messenger Goddess. She is also a Nature Goddess:
Nature Deities Lbracketurl

Here is a site dedicated to her:

http://nshrine.com/shrine/Iris
Back to top Go down
Tethys13
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
Tethys13

Nature Deities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature Deities   Nature Deities I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:40 pm

Very Pretty!
Back to top Go down
Mercury
God
God
Mercury

Nature Deities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature Deities   Nature Deities I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 8:51 pm

What is interesting is most of the Nature deities were depicted as young, middle aged and old depending on the season. It shows their relationship to nature and their willingness to embrace people of all ages and walks of life.

The Greeks and Romans did appreciate beauty, both in their deities and nature around them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nature Deities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nature Deities   Nature Deities I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nature Deities
Page 1 of 1